main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other OS

Nokia Lumia 520 MMS issues !! URGENT BIG PROBLEM!!

Moderator (Retired)

Hi tristen202,

If you've tried the SIM in another phone and MMS messages work there won't be anything wrong with your account at our end.

You'll need to take the phone back to the original supplier if you're not happy with it and they'll have their own policies on repairs/exchanges.

Thanks,

Matt B

View more options
17: Community Champion

Have you looked at the settings and established that you have Vodafone Contract (I assume it's contract) MMS installed and set as the default?   My understanding of Windows devices was that they install APNs silently, so you never see the text, although it does come in.

If everything is correct and the SIM works in another device, there's really not much more Vodafone can do, I'm afraid.  They're providing the service and the issue would seem to be with your device.

View more options

If CPW won't play ball, you have two choices; you can fight the legal stand point and try and make them deal with it.

Or you can go direct to Nokia and either go to one of their Care Points, or see if you can arrange a postal repair?

Nokia Care point Locations

Personally I'm all about getting the Phone fixed, so I would use Nokia but that's only my opinion and you must do what is right for you!

Wink.gif

View more options
3: Seeker
Hmmm, that's not quite true though is it Matt_B.... Let's turn that around and put an alternative SIM card in the phone (like I just have, I replaced my contract one with a PAYG), select the correct access point settings when prompted (click on Vodafone PAYG) and hey presto the phone now has active internet and MMS.

Therefore it's not a problem with the phone at all, so stop shifting the responsibility to fix this Vodafone fault onto the phone shops.

For everyone else who's falling victim to this poor approach to customer services; I replaced my contract SIM and changed the access point settings to Vodafone Contract and it's now working - not sure how long for but I'll be back on to the good old Vodafone 'Tech Team' if and when it goes down again.
View more options
Administrator

Hi paul700x, 

Thanks for keeping us updated - I'm glad it's now working. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future. 

Thanks, 

Phil

View more options
2: Seeker
Hi Phil, What was that you said? "Let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the future."!! I think the point that paul700x was trying to make is that the Vodafone tech team haven't been any help at all and, in fact, just tried to blame the problem on the phone. Do you guys EVER read what people are writing on these forums or do you only read the script that sits next to your monitors? DARKF01L.
View more options
Nicely put DARKF01L, I'm glad that it's only 'tech team' members that can't understand the intention of the message! Let me tell you about my first experience of the tech team:
Me: *explains problem
TT: Turn it off and on again
Me: Done that, it hasn't worked
TT: Oh... I'll have to transfer you to someone else
TT: *hangs up

Thanks guys (that's sarcasm)
View more options

Phone systems sometimes fail to transfer correctly.   It probably wan't a deliberate hangup.

View more options
Probably not, my point was more that the knowledge of the people answering these calls does not go beyond 'Turn it off and on again'
View more options

Troubleshooting MMS issues is notoriously difficult.  However, it often comes down to their not being provisioned on your account and it's possible that's what you were being transferred for.  Now that you're here, hang on for the forum team who'll be able to check this for you.

View more options
lol, do you work for Vodafone?? Yet another one that doesn't read the messages... the whole point of this continuing thread (sorry to the OP for hijacking) is that IT'S FIXED... I FIXED IT with zero support from Vodafone.

Can we let the issue rest now, without another uninformed defence of the tech team?
View more options

Yes, I know it's fixed, but this is a public forum and other people will come to the thread and it's useful for them to see the paths available.

View more options
You do work for Vodafone then. That's a poor backtrack in an attempt to cover up your lack of attention. If you were aiming your comment at the public it's no good giving the advice "now you're here, hang on for the forum team who'll be able to check this for you." People that have this issue will need to contact the tech team to request that their settings are investigated. Unless you were demonstrating the well trodden path of; fix it yourself then wait for useless advice from the tech team. Can you let it drop now? I'm bored of correcting your mistakes.
View more options
Lol. The words "banging head" and "brick wall" spring to mind for some reason
View more options

HI everyone,

I CAN SEND PICTURE MESSAGES HOORAY!!!!

This is for anyone who uses PAYG. & FREDDOM FREEBIES

Since I got the phone 9 months ago, I have been using Freedom Freebies for the unlimited texts, calling minutes and data allowance.  Great value for money I think.

With all this agro with MMS, I feel so silly. But Im posting this info, just in case there are many people who did not or do not realise.  Freedom freebies do not include MMS messaging (picture messaging).  These are charged at 39p per message, so you need to make sure you have credit on your phone too.  I always thought MMS and SMS would be considered the same thing now, but like the old phones, (pre smart phone) Vodafone, as with all other companies charge you a different rate.

This maybe helpful to some people, but this is what I have figured out in last few hours.  I would have thought vodafone should have mentioned this from the start. EG:  Do you use freedom freebies and have sufficient credit on your phone to send a picture message, as picture messages are not included with you freedom freebies.

I know this wont help everyone, or maybe anyone else for that matter, but you never know.  BTW, my phone has recently updated too, so that might have had something to do with it.  Who knows????

Tristen

View more options