Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 530 internet setup

FRJW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone have any ideas for setting up Nokia 530 for internet access? Vodafone support details do not tie up with index in phone. I have sent text "WEB" to 40127 several times without any response. I can only access via Wi-Fi, although handy is not ideal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

It sounds like it'd be best to have a go at setting up the phone in store if you're having problems. I'd also ask them to check the SIM card as well (sometimes the settings can be correct on a device but the internet services need to be enabled by the provider at network level for it to work). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

hrym

if you go to the Nokia website, you should be able to download the full manual for the device.  Use that to locate the Access Point settings and make sure the correct one (Vodafone Contract WAP or Vodafone PAYG WAP depending on whether you're on a monthly contract or PAYG) is there and set as the default.

A lot of phones now install the settings silently, so the fact that you've seen nothing doesn't necessarily mean you've had no response to texting 40127.

Thanks for that. A lot clearer than Vodafone support. Unfortunately still not working. Think i will have to find time to go to Vodafone shop.

hrym

Odd.  I think that would be your best solution.   Some of the staff are more technically savvy than others.  If the person you speak to can't help, ask tactfully if there's someone who might be able to.

As a matter of interest, I assume you found the correct APN and set it as the default by using the manual?

redpages

It sounds like it'd be best to have a go at setting up the phone in store if you're having problems. I'd also ask them to check the SIM card as well (sometimes the settings can be correct on a device but the internet services need to be enabled by the provider at network level for it to work). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Going to store tomorrow and will update outcome.

Thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FRJW 

There's been some excellent support here.

You can also enter the APN settings manually.

DaveCD

tried those settings, "internet","web" and "web" before and just now. No Joy. Off to shop.

Settings for Nokia 530.

NETWORK SELECTION:- automatic PROFILE:- Vodafone UK Contract

APN:- wap.vodafone.co.uk   USERNAME:- wap  PASSWORD:- wap AUTHENTICATION:- pap

PROXY SERVER:- 212.183.137.12  PROXY PORT:- 8799 IP:- IPv4v6

MMS APN

MMSC URL:- http//mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms  MMSC PORT:- 80

These work on my phone and I am pretty sure I had tried these before. What the young lady, Stacey, did was she noticed the signal was not showing as strong as it should. She removed the battery for a few seconds and re-inserted it. Once it rebooted itself everything was fine. The old DOS solution, turn off and try again.

Thanks to all those for their valuable input. It was nice to know I wasn't struggling alone.