Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 530 internet setup

FRJW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Anyone have any ideas for setting up Nokia 530 for internet access? Vodafone support details do not tie up with index in phone. I have sent text "WEB" to 40127 several times without any response. I can only access via Wi-Fi, although handy is not ideal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

It sounds like it'd be best to have a go at setting up the phone in store if you're having problems. I'd also ask them to check the SIM card as well (sometimes the settings can be correct on a device but the internet services need to be enabled by the provider at network level for it to work). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks 63johnw, tried similar page before without a result. Just tried your link and got:-

"Sorry. We were not able to send your settings.

You might need to enter the settings manually, visit vodafone.co.uk/settingsinfo for more information."

and the link they give I find ambiguous as it does not tally with my setting index.

63johnw
Hi. On my lumia 930 in settings,mobile+sim, network selection is set to automatic, mobile connection profile is set at Vodafone UK contract. Manual internet APN is off.

Can you put your sim in another phone (eg an android device) the swap back, I do this and each time I put it back in the lumia I get a message saying looks like something had changed and I get the correct settings sent back through.

You could also try removing sim and doing a factory reset then set up phone from scratch again.