Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 820 MMS Problem

madaboutbuns
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a nokia Lumia 820 and am unable to retrieve media messages - I get the message "Get media content now (29KB), I click on it - and it says "getting media content...." and then just clicks back to the first message.  I have phoned up Vodaphone and the chap there suggested asking on here to see if any of you had the settings that I need to put into my phone as he said it sounded like a setting problem as I can get SMS and use the phone online etc. etc.  Oh and I can't send myself media messages either - tried that one.

Many thanks for any help.

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My phone must have crashed or something I had to remove the battery and re-install it. Anyway its ok now. So I've gone onto the Market Place, selected Nokia Collection, then in the next list there's no Nokia Network Set Up

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Christine, 

This could be one of two things - your phone or your account setup.

Firstly, text the word WEB to 40127 as this will send you the correct settings for your phone.

If this doesn't work, click here to get in touch with the team and we'll check your account settings.

Paul 

Hello Paul - I have done as you said and got a text saying "It looks like something's changed - either you've swapped your SIM or updated your software.  If you want to use the internet on your phone, you'll need to update your settings.  We'll send you these by text shortly."  That was half an hour ago!

I spoke to Vodaphone last night, and the chap I spoke to said to ask here or go to a Vodaphone store, so not very helpful!!

Chris

Hi madaboutbuns, 

I've just replied to your email. :smileyhappy:

Kay

Hello Kay - I am still unable to receive or send MMS - have sent you an email.

Christine

I too bought a Nokia Lumia 820 recently and joined as a Vodafone pay as you go customer.

I have just had a text saying I've received a picture message and given me a code and link to view it. The original size was much smaller than the actual picture sent but I'm wondering why I don't just get picture messages in the texts rather than having to go to the website.

Any help please?

Robert

Hi robertthorp,

Can you go the Market Place for me, then go to Nokia Collection and select Network Set Up. 

If you run this and select Vodafone Pay as You Go this should resolve it for you.

If you need anything else, pop back on again. :smileytongue:

Cheers

Ian

Hi, I've just gone to my phone to go to the market place app and on clicking the on button it's just showing the display screen picture, no menu screen no matter what I press.

Hi robertthorp

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not sure what you mean. Can you not get onto the Market Place at all?

Thanks

Simon

My phone must have crashed or something I had to remove the battery and re-install it. Anyway its ok now. So I've gone onto the Market Place, selected Nokia Collection, then in the next list there's no Nokia Network Set Up