Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 820 MMS Problem

madaboutbuns
2: Seeker

I have a nokia Lumia 820 and am unable to retrieve media messages - I get the message "Get media content now (29KB), I click on it - and it says "getting media content...." and then just clicks back to the first message.  I have phoned up Vodaphone and the chap there suggested asking on here to see if any of you had the settings that I need to put into my phone as he said it sounded like a setting problem as I can get SMS and use the phone online etc. etc.  Oh and I can't send myself media messages either - tried that one.

Many thanks for any help.

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My phone must have crashed or something I had to remove the battery and re-install it. Anyway its ok now. So I've gone onto the Market Place, selected Nokia Collection, then in the next list there's no Nokia Network Set Up

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

GordonR

I am unable to send pictures via a text message from my Nokia 820 despite entering the recommended APN settings. Can anyone assist me? Thanks

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you have the correct APNs and MMS still isn;t working, it may be that it needs to be provisioned on your account.  The forum team an help with this, so please hang on.

GordonR
Please supply the correct settings when I text web to the mobile number and I am told the settings have changed; nothing has in fact changed - very frustrated with Vodafone over this. Gordon

hrym

Configuration messages tend to arrive silently.  I've come across instances of Windows devices actually installing them by deafult but, if your phone still isn't working, go into Messaging and have a look for Configuration Messages - it may be a menu option.  If the APNs haven't installed, tapping on the message will set that off.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Gordon.

So we can check the settings on your account, contact us here.

You can also input your number here so the settings are sent to your phone.

DaveCD

StaceyWarwick
1: Seeker
When I get sent pic msgs they come through saying get media content now but when I click on this link nothing happens. I am also unable to send any pic messages. Could you help me with this? I presume I will need to go to a marketplace from reading others problems but I have no idea how of sheer to go to do this?

Please help, thanks.

Hi StaceyWarwick,

We'll need to make sure MMS is enabled on your account.

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi there,

I have the same issue with my Lumia 630 on Pay Monthly - I have been trying to sort it out using different settings since I started the contract three months ago.

Text to 40127 does not do anything, I just get a generic message saying settings will be sent, and they are not. I've tried various combinations of MMS APN settings but nothing works. The listed APN settings on the Vodafone website do not match the setting parameters listed on the phone. To clarify, these are the setting parameters the phone requires:

APN:

Username:

Password:

Authentication type:

WAP gateway port (URL):

WAP gateway port:

MMSC (URL):

MMSC port:

Maximum MMS size:

IP type:

IP type has three options in a drop down box - IPv4, IPv6 and IPV4v6.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Matt

Hi matt_taylor81,

We'll need to check your account to make sure you've got the correct feature activated.

So we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact us page.

Thanks,

Matt B

hrym

This isn't going to help in this specific case, but just for the same of clarity - most devices install settings silently these days, so the fact that you haven't seen anything come in doesn't necessarily mean nothing's been sent.

@matt_taylor81: it could be a matter of provisioning on your account, so it's worth replying to MattB's message.