Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia - Battery Issue

SAkers1975
4: Newbie

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the battery on my Lumia 925.

I have had it for around a year and a half now, but I am having to charge it at least once to twice a day now.

I was originally getting around 2 to 2.5 days on it, before it needed a charge again.

I have checked for running applications, and have got the bare minimum running on it, I think the battery may be faulty, and as it is a sealed unit, I cannot replace it myself.

I need to be able to rely on this handset, as I can get an urgent call at any time.

What are my options?

Regards

Stephen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If you've had the device a year and a half and charged it every day, there's a strong possibility the battery is simply getting to the end of its life.  If you've allowed it to go flat more than once or twice, that would shorten that life, too.

Your phone is guaranteed by Vodafone for the life of your contract, so you should still be covered.   It will mean it'll have to go off for repair (I don't think the 925 has a user-replaceable battery?), but you should be able to get it fixed.

If I'm wrong and you can replace the battery yourself, it'll probably be quickest to contact Nokia and see if they'll send you one.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

hrym

If you've had the device a year and a half and charged it every day, there's a strong possibility the battery is simply getting to the end of its life.  If you've allowed it to go flat more than once or twice, that would shorten that life, too.

Your phone is guaranteed by Vodafone for the life of your contract, so you should still be covered.   It will mean it'll have to go off for repair (I don't think the 925 has a user-replaceable battery?), but you should be able to get it fixed.

If I'm wrong and you can replace the battery yourself, it'll probably be quickest to contact Nokia and see if they'll send you one.

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Batteries are not covered by the warenty so you will need to pay for a new one

As the battery is integrated you will need to get an authorised proffesional to replace it if you don't want to void the last 6 months of your warenty 

If I were you I'd nip it into a carphone warehouse repair centre and let them do the job 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

hrym

Manufacturers vary on battery warranties.   Samsung have been replacing faulty ones, but that was a major issue and, whatever their policy is, I think they decided it was better PR to give in promptly.  Sony explicitly cover theirs for two years.  I also rather think that Vodafone include the battery in their "life of your contract" warranty.