Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia

ChrisMurray
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I am currently on a contract phone and i have a blackberry 9320 which keeps braking on me , i've repaired it 2 times via vodafone and i refuse to get it repaired a third time..

So i've ordered a Nokia Lumia 530 from the vodafone website to see if its any good and to use the nokia as my new contract.   

I was wondering how i check to see if my order has been dispatched, as i have a reference number but when i type it on the track my order page it says the number is invalid.. my phone is currently broke so i need the nokia a.s.a.p .... and i refuse to pay my bill until i get the phone . 

please can someone help me in tracking my order?

thank you

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello ChrisMurray

Whatever you do dont stop paying your bill.  The airtime contract and the equipment which goes with it are two separate things, you can't refuse to pay your airtime contract, its only going to put you in default of contract and Vodafone will only restrict your service and slap a late payment mark on your account. You only need to look around the forum to see the misery caused after finding a default registered against a credit file.

Its not Vodafone's fault that your Blackberry has malfunctioned and you are not prepared to send it for repair a third time. 

If you have ordered the phone from the website, you should receive regular email updates and a confirmation to let you know when the phone has been despatched.  You can track your order on the link below.

Track your Vodafone order

hrym

AnnS is right about not stopping paying your bill.  How long ago did you place your order and was it for a PAYG device, bought outright, a new contract or an upgrade?   The last two would have to go through a credit check and that may be what's holding things up.  I'm not sure whether the order tracker applies while the order is in the Vodafone system or only after despatch, linking to DPD, who deliver it.

Hello,

Thank you for your replies , i won't stop paying my bill but i've got no other phone to use only the blackberry thats why i payed for the nokia luima out right as pay as you go to use as a contract ..and the order number says invalid when i try to track the order

hrym

I have a horrible feeling the phone may be out of stock in that case.   TBH, the quickest thing might be to buy an alternative phone in a shop (if you don't buy from a Vodafone shop, make sure it's on Vodafone, not another network or it won't work with your SIM).   See if you can cancel the web order but, if you can't, then wait for the phone to come and then return it.  Does that sound frustrating and a right faff?   I wouldn't disagree...