Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia lumia 520 can't send texts

Shloo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 on PAYG.  For the last week or so I can't send texts - I try to send the message but a short while later I get a message saying 'Can't send text'.

i can receive texts, and calls, Internet access seem fine.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've sorted it. Somehow the message centre number had changed with several extra numbers added. No idea how as I never fiddle with settings. The only thing I had done recently that was unusual was try to text someone who was on holiday abroad.

Anyway, all fine now (I picked up the right message centre number from another one of the posts here).

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Do you have either enough credit or enough text allowances to send texts. Check on your myvodafone. 

Does this happen everywhere or local as I'm thinking maybe it's a mast issue. 

Another possible avenue to explore is if you've either accidently added a person's contact number to the phones call / blocking feature or the other person has accidently added you. Handset dependant and if it's only happening to particular contact(s). 

Are you perhaps sending long texts or adding in emoticons which could change the normal text into a MMS version which wouldn't come out of your text allowance and would be charged for. Also it doesn't always work until a person contacts customer service and asks for MMS to be provisioned on the account. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. Try another sim in your phone if you can. If it's your sim card then possibly a Sim Swap which any Vodafone Store can process to replace the Sim card may help. 

Finally customer service on 191 or Live Chat maybe able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've sorted it. Somehow the message centre number had changed with several extra numbers added. No idea how as I never fiddle with settings. The only thing I had done recently that was unusual was try to text someone who was on holiday abroad.

Anyway, all fine now (I picked up the right message centre number from another one of the posts here).

BandOfBrothers

Awesome. 

Good to hear your sorted. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello @Shloo

I'm relieved to hear you have managed to sort this :Smiling: 

Thank you for sharing your experiences on this forum. 

All the best, 

Louise