Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please help with internet and mms setting on nokia 630

NigelGant
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ive done the online chat..take out battery for 20 mins and text the number for receiving the settings through text but no settings ever arrive. I get the text telling me I will be receiving settings but nothing. Ive manually changed settings to the various different ones for slightly different models (625+635) but nothing works. Able to use wifi to get internet but no mobile data....help :Sad_face:

7 REPLIES 7

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi

Have you tried the generic manual settings from scratch? (rather than using them from other models). They can be found here

Beyond that it's a difficult one to resolve without somebody physically looking at the phone itself. It might be worth popping in to a local retail store.

One final thought, sometimes the settings might be fine on the device but Vodafone need to provision the SIM for internet services, one without the other won't work. The quickest way would be a call to 191 - or they'd be able to check in store for you.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Hi Red. The internet APN settings to input are APN. Username, password, proxy server (URL), proxy port, IP type. Will worry about mms settings after got internet setting sorted

Mms APN settings are APN, username, password, authentication type, WAP gateway(URL), WAP gateway port, mmsc (URL), mmsc port, maximum mms size, IP type

I'm using my old sim which was cut to size by carphone warehouse but ive tied it with a new sim and its the same

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I wouldn't recommend cutting any SIM card to size - it is always so much better to get a SIM that is the correct size.  A SIM that has been cut can often be damaged or not be quite the right size and get stuck.

PWIAC

hrym

I'm with drey_p.   Get a correct replacement SIM of the correct size and see if that fixes the issue.

hrym

As I understand it, the settings arrive and install silently on Nokia devices, which is why you're not seeing anything.   As you've been entering them manually, I assume you've also made sure the correct ones are set as the default?   I'd take Redpages' advice and drop into a Vodafone shop.   It's also possible that it's a SIM issue and that you need a replacement.