cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible security issue with My Vodafone (Almost certainly in the wrong place, whoops)

BlackYazra
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Didn't know where to post about this but thought a heads up might be needed. I was just logging into My Vodafone and something went... wrong. On Windows 10, Google chrome. Long story short the log in attempt went as follows:

1. Entered user name and password
  2. Got an oracle error page
  3. Used browser 'back' button to attempt to log in again
  4. Instead got the 'send security code page'
  5. Page appeared to not be interactable when attempting to select correct phone number
  6. Waited a few seconds
  7. WAS LOGGED IN TO MY VODAFONE

To be clear: I neither recieved nor entered the verification code but found myself looking at my dashboard. Is this normal behaviour? I mean presumably the account is secured with username/password still, but if one security check is down then might others be too? Not great.

1 REPLY 1

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BlackYazra Thanks for letting us know this happened when logging into your My Vodafone account, I understand how unsatisfying this may be.

I'll be sure to pass this feedback on internally, to help improve our customers journey with their online account access in the future. Have you attempted logging in since this error occurred? If so, did the normal log in process follow, without this error?