Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Post photo to Twitter using MMS

smithpauld
4: Newbie

I can SMS a tweet to the Twitter shortcode and it arrives fine - hurrah.  But if I add a photo and try to send it, the tweet vanishes into the ether, never to be seen again.  Any suggestions?  Do I need a different shortcode etc for MMS tweets?

FWIW I'm using a Nokia 9800.

Thanks,

Paul DS.

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It might be worth Tweeting that query!  Seriously, I think it's probably more a Twitter question and it may simply not be possible.  Actually, if you Google "Tweet by MMS", the first thing that comes up is a link to the Twitter help centre.

That would be a great suggestion except that I've tried it :-(.  I got a grand total of zero responses to a tweet, zero useful suggestions from reading the help and zero responses having followed the 'contact us' forms on Twitter.

So I thought I'd give Vodafone a go in case there's some Vodafone specific configuration or tip that anyone on here could offer.

Paul DS.

Forgot to add that according to the Twitter help pages, Vodafone supports sending both simple SMS and MMS 'tweet with a single photo' posts.

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi smithpauld,

Are you able to send MMS to other numbers okay?

Just to double check you’ve got the right settings, text WEB to 40127 and save the settings that come through.

Thanks,

Simon

Tried texting WEB to 4.... and have saved the settings.  Even before, I could MMS to my daughter, who is also on Vodafone.

But even now my test to MMS tweet to Twitter seems to have failed :-(.

Hi smithpauld,

If the MMS messages are failing to the Twitter address but working to other numbers, it's suggesting an issue with the Twitter system.

I'd recommend contacting them for further advice as we can't assist with anything that's gone wrong from their end.

Thanks,

Matt B