Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Problems With lumia 1020 after 8.1 update

PaulNewman33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

First of all i cannot fault the camer aon the phone , however i have had a prblem that has shown its face since the last windows 8.1 update that is it will lock up at various times during the night or day resulting in me having to do a soft reboot . I can come downstairs and find the phones locked up so when i reboot it i find there is no charge in the phone  , also it can happen during daytime as well . on average i would say 3 to 4 times a week at the moment . i was wondering wether anyone else has this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

I had it happen a few times on the dev preview, 

Went away after I installed 8.1.1 

You could try using the nokia software recovery tool to reflash your phone 

If you do the 8.1 backups corectly before you do this (settings/backup turn everything on and run one cycle)

then when you re enter your drtails in the phone after the flash everything (aside from your home screen) should recover to the phone

Or you can wait for the official 8.1.1 roll out in the next few months and see if this helps

Meanwhile remember that a soft reset to a WP device will mess up the date and time and not resetting these will cause some apps to not work

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

SynthFG

I had it happen a few times on the dev preview, 

Went away after I installed 8.1.1 

You could try using the nokia software recovery tool to reflash your phone 

If you do the 8.1 backups corectly before you do this (settings/backup turn everything on and run one cycle)

then when you re enter your drtails in the phone after the flash everything (aside from your home screen) should recover to the phone

Or you can wait for the official 8.1.1 roll out in the next few months and see if this helps

Meanwhile remember that a soft reset to a WP device will mess up the date and time and not resetting these will cause some apps to not work

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

thought i would try something that i read on windows phone i switched off the wireless sense and guess what so far no more lockup . now if vodaphone could only give me decent 4g covage i will be happy

SynthFG

Related to this 

Windowscentral today has a news artical that states the following

[quote]

Microsoft is planning to release an update for both the Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020, to hopefully address freezing issues many owners have been reporting since updating to Windows Phone 8.1. There has always been the odd issue with the two Windows Phones since both were launched, be it freezing, random restarts or even the occasional serious brick.

Microsoft's Kevin Lee shed some light on the problems customers were reporting since updating toWindows Phone 8.1:

"Beginning in early September we started to receive an increased number of customer feedback regarding Microsoft Lumia 1020 and 925 device freezes. During the last two months we have been reaching out for more and more data and devices to systematically reproduce and narrow down the root cause. It turned out to be a power regulator logic failure where in combination with multiple reasons the device fails to power up the CPU and peripherals after idling into a deep sleep state."

Lee's profile was created on November 22, which could raise some flags but Brian Harry, Product Unit Manager for Team Foundation Server at Microsoft, previously looked into the issue and stated another Microsoft employee (Lee) would post in the support thread to help clear up any confusion.

The company has not only acknowledged problems people have been reporting, but engineers have been actively working on a fix, which should be rolling out with the next software update.

"I am pleased to pass on that we have a fix candidate under validation which we expect to push out the soon with the next SW update!"

Good news for everyone who has been affected by the issue. Let us know in the comments if you have suffered from instability problems with either Windows Phone.

Source: Microsoft, via: WinBeta[/quote]

sigbar.png