Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone software installed on network agnostic 635

Milesknight
2: Seeker
Hello, I'm deploying some business hardened Lumia 635s to various offices in the UK. Since they all use different networks, I have purchased network agnostic phones. Does anyone know what software would be pushed on to the phone once I put a Vodafone SIM into it - and whether this could result in administration right conflicts with the hardening in place? If so, should I network associate the phone before applying the hardening configuration? I'm planning to use InTune as my MDM - would there potentially be future conflicts with network pushed updates? Regards Miles
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

If your just using a voda sim in unbranded handsets then no voda software will be pushed to them 

They should recieve the Web, Voicemail and MMS settings for the network as soon as they are activated with a voda sim in them via a service message, but other than these nothing voda can be pushed to them just becasue they have a voda sim in them

But vodafone will have no control over the software on them and updates will be controled by microsoft not voda

voda only control the software and updates for voda branded handsets, but this will still come from the official ms servers

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

SynthFG

If your just using a voda sim in unbranded handsets then no voda software will be pushed to them 

They should recieve the Web, Voicemail and MMS settings for the network as soon as they are activated with a voda sim in them via a service message, but other than these nothing voda can be pushed to them just becasue they have a voda sim in them

But vodafone will have no control over the software on them and updates will be controled by microsoft not voda

voda only control the software and updates for voda branded handsets, but this will still come from the official ms servers

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Milesknight
Thanks for the response.
Also - just what I wanted to know!

Regards

Miles