cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why didn't the time change when the clocks went back?

NilCarborundum
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
My wife and I have identical phones. Both have auto update time set to ON. They are Nokia 515s.
My wife's phone automatically reset the time to GMT, but mine is still on BST.
WHY?
I can obviously set the time manually, but I'd like to know why auto update has failed?
Thanks in advance,
Steve
4 REPLIES 4

redpages
17: Community Champion

Hi. Sounds a strange one, I've had a look through Nokia's forums and it seems more like a one-off than anything (not widely reported). With Vodafone providing the network and SIM side and Nokia responsible for the hardware itself (the phone) itself it might be worth reporting on their forum. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

thesoupdragon

I remember having this sort of issue years ago when I had a Nokia 5800 xpress Phone.

I used to turn the Phone off at night as the Alarm function would still wake the Phone (and me :smileywink: ) But when the clocks went back or forward it wouldn't change until later in the day!

Did you have the Phone On or Off? I'm just thinking if the Phone was Off, it might not have syncd to the Network Server in order to update the time?

It was on at the time the clocks went back

hrym

Slightly odd one there.   Is there a setting for "Get time from service provider", and is it ticked?  I have an old (Android) device with no SIM that resolutely displays GMT if I allow it to auto-update.   That's the other way round, of course, but it's picking up a signal from one of the internet time servers instead of the network.

The other long shot would be to get someone to call the device if you haven't received a call since the clocks changed.  My home phone system gets its time from BT, but only updates when it's called.

Edited to add: I've just changed the time on my Tom Tom sat nav and if I tell it to synchronise (with the satellites), it goes back to BST, which is counterintuitive as I'd expect it to be on GMT if it was on anything permanently.