Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows Phone 8.1 for 820

Jonny_528
2: Seeker

Hi 

I was just looking on the Windows Phone website and noticed that there was an update to 8.1 and wondering why i did not have it on my phone yet. 

After some more investigation i found this page

Availability in Europe

Basically the 820 on Vodafone is the only phone in the UK that has not got the update. Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jonny_528,

For more information on our firmware update process, please visit this thread

Many thanks, Ben

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

I'm afraid that you aren't likely to get an answer to your query as Vodafone won't comment on when a Firmware update will be released.  Also, as Nokia / Microsoft are responsible for the update, it may be worth asking them the question - they may be able to give you a bit more information.

PWIAC

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jonny_528,

For more information on our firmware update process, please visit this thread

Many thanks, Ben

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Windows phone 8.1 or Lumina Cyan has not yet been officialy released, which is why you don't see the update, 

Current release is scheduled for Q3, rumours are the end of next month

The website you are pointing to is refering to windows phone 8/Lumina Black 

What you are seeing news about is the release of 8.1 preview for developers, 

this is a programme by which registered developers can install an app to their phones and receive beta versions of updates 

8.1 was released in this manner a month or so ago and has had 2 updates since (the latest a day or so ago)

Anyone can register as a developer and download the app which unlocks the ability to download these updates, but updating your phone to the dev preview may void the warentee 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Jonny_528

edited