Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

how to access photos sent to a non MMS phone

indican_sound
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

HI everyone

I have a cheap nokia phone that does not support MMS. I was sent a photo the other day with the format of "Hi (name) you received 1 new photo message, click here to see me!" then a web address like http://goo.gl/ random bunch of letters. I have tried to access get my photo but its tighter than for knox so is there any other way of viewing this photo, i tried typing the address into the url bar and got nowhere.

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi indican_sound,

You may need to ensure that the phone is enabled for data, this way you should be able to access the photo using the link.

To get the settings, take a look here.

DaveCD

hrym
17: Community Champion

I think what the OP means is that this isn't a data-capable device at all (?).   I've seen that kind of thing and never had any success with it myself.  The only way round it I found was to ask the sender to send it either by email (so that you can pick it up on a pc) or to someone who does have a device that can open it.   Yes, the security is tighter than Fort Knox!

got 2 more of these today, my phone is indeed incapable of using such data, its a £20 nokia that does very little, no internet access. when typing th smart url into a browser i get a webpage that simply says "Success" in plain text with nothing else

i have received 2 of these texts today from "new photo'

I also received one about 6 months ago

they all refer to me by a seldom used nickname suggesting that it came from a friends phone, could possibly be like one of those emails that when you open it it sends the same email to all of your contacts?

i have a really basic phone so i tried typing the smart url(s) they came with into my brower, the resulting page just says "Success" in plain text with nothing else, any ideas?

hrym

I'd be very wary of any kind of unsolicited or unknown link.   Even if you think the way it's addressed appears to make it credible, it can still be malware.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@indican_sound 

To be on the safe side, you can prevent these from being recieved by following the steps on our Nuisance calls and texts page.

DaveCD