Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nokia lumia. 520

Irenaekl
4: Newbie

DOes the lumia  520 have the option of different tones for different ....eg  email,  sms, phone etc?  Does it download emails automatically?  I'm asking because I have found that the Galaxy Ace does not do this and they seem to be at the same end of the android scale   and the Ace is rubbish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Irenaekl,

I’ve taken a look at this for you and to change ringtones on your Nokia Lumia 520, tap on the Settings option and go to Ringtones and Sounds. The first two options you can change let you choose whether to switch the Ringer and Vibrate features on or off, which you do by swiping the switches left or right.

Next you can set the default ringtones you want your Lumia 520 to sound when you receive a new call, text, instant message (IM), voicemail or email. Just tap the relevant option that you want to change and then you can choose from the vast list of available ringtones provided.

One of the new additions in Windows Phone 8 is the ability to use MP3 files you own as your default tune. The easiest way to do this is to download the Ringtone Maker app which is exclusive to Nokia Lumia owners. You’ll find this in the Nokia Collection on your Nokia Lumia 520.

In regards to the emails, you can set this to automatically download your emails although it’s usually best to limit this function to save your data.

You can alter these settings in the email account settings page once it’s been set up.

James

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Irenaekl,

I’ve taken a look at this for you and to change ringtones on your Nokia Lumia 520, tap on the Settings option and go to Ringtones and Sounds. The first two options you can change let you choose whether to switch the Ringer and Vibrate features on or off, which you do by swiping the switches left or right.

Next you can set the default ringtones you want your Lumia 520 to sound when you receive a new call, text, instant message (IM), voicemail or email. Just tap the relevant option that you want to change and then you can choose from the vast list of available ringtones provided.

One of the new additions in Windows Phone 8 is the ability to use MP3 files you own as your default tune. The easiest way to do this is to download the Ringtone Maker app which is exclusive to Nokia Lumia owners. You’ll find this in the Nokia Collection on your Nokia Lumia 520.

In regards to the emails, you can set this to automatically download your emails although it’s usually best to limit this function to save your data.

You can alter these settings in the email account settings page once it’s been set up.

James

Hi....Ive just got a Nokia Lumia 520..& im slowly working it out....ive managed 2 transfer my contacts,pics & music...but is there a way that i can use one of my music tracks as a ringtone?....as i cant see an option on how 2 use your own ringtone ect.....:/

Hi,

Apologies, we seemed to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if we can help further.

Best wishes,

Matt

I have a Nokia Lumia 520 and am unable to view pictures sent by text.  Can anyone help me please.  I have a monthly account with Vodafone.

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JuliePPP, 

You can send the picture message settings to your phone here

Thanks, 

Kay