Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

problems with the 920

martinhutch
4: Newbie

hi, had a 920 since earlier this year. had the 820, but after 12 months of problems with 10 handsets, got offered a 920 in stead.

The 920 worked great until the new update (cyan)

ever since the update, when ever i make a call, the screen goes blank. so if youy need to press a number on the keypad, you have to press the on/off button to bring the screen back alive. Same with ending a call, still have to press the button to bring the screen alive to use it.

Alarms go off, but again i have to press the on/off button to then turn the alarm off.

I've also notice that the handset is getting very hot when using it for some time.

Are these problem other have been having, and has anyone got a solution to it

13 REPLIES 13

So what could be done to get the old version of the software back working on it.

Having a black screen when making a call is not good, and if you have to go through a menu system pressing 1 or 2 for different options is not easy when it only illuminates for about 4 seconds when you turn it on.

Have the tech team tried this on a phone to see if it happens, incase it is just a fault with mine?

hrym
17: Community Champion

I think it's probably fair to say that this is likely to be an individual instance.  If you send the phone off for repair, the firmware should be reflashed and that should fix it.   If it was a general issue, I'd expect there to be more reports here.

I'm not hugely familiar with Windows Phone, but is there an option to factory reset the device (don't forget to back up your content first)?   If so, give it a try as this may resolve the issue.  The repair process is likely to incldue this, so you won't have lost anything by giving it a go.

I have been in contact with nokia, and tried the soft/hard resets, and even used their recovery tool to reinstall the sytem, but it still keeps doing it.

I have booked a repair direct with nokia to let them have a look to see what has gone wrong as it was there update that caused the problem in the first place

hrym

I think that's probably the best solution.  They're the manufacturer and they'll have a much better grasp of how their systems work.   Also, if the device is unrepairable, you're more likely to get a brand new replacement than a reconditioned one.