Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

very poor phone signal

Irenaekl
4: Newbie

My husband has a Nokia900 and I have a Nokia520 - they are both on vodafone.  They can be sitting side by side but the 900 has a full signal while the 520 has only 2 bars.  Why should this be?

4 REPLIES 4

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Firstly bars are somewhat meaningless 

different phones will report different numbers of bars for the same signal strength

What you should worry about is if the 520 never reaches 5 bars at any location or if the call quality is consistantly bad in which case a hardware fault may be to blame 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

OK - I explained in bars as it seemed the clearest way but obviously not.

The 920 has an excellent signal while the 520 sitting right beside it, does not...this happens frequently when both phones are in the same location..  The 920 has a great signal anywhere in our house while I have to stand beside a window to get a good signal with the 520.  

SynthFG

Its going to be one of 2 things then

either a problem with the sim, try using it in a different phone 

or a problem with handset, in which case you will need to visit a voda store, cpwh repair centre or approved nokia care point to have it looked at 

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Irenaekl

We'll be happy to take a look at the handset.

To find out what you need to do in order to get this sorted take a look at our Vodafone Repairs Thread. This can be found here.

DaveCD