Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

windows 8.1 update Cortana?

dummerboy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ive updated a nokia lumia  520 & a lumia 920 today with windows 8.1. neither has Cartona included in the upgrade. Any ideas why/ Or has itnot uncluded/ thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Cortana UK is not part of 8.1 or Cyan

It is only currently available if you are on the developers preview 8.1 update 1

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

SynthFG

Cortana UK is not part of 8.1 or Cyan

It is only currently available if you are on the developers preview 8.1 update 1

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Thanks for the reply. will just have to keep checking when the full version is available I suppose.

In settings Change region to United States and language to English (United States) this tricks the phone and enables cortana

tried what you suggested mitch1980 on the 920 but didnt work. thanks for the reply though.

i also did the same thing on my test

phone lumia 520 and it does work

once you change the region and make

the usa as default all you need do after

that is restart your phone and cortana will

be there settings then swipe to applictions

and she will be on that list just put a few deatils

and it's up and running

thanks for the replies, got it to work yesterday as sugested by changing both settings. Only drawback is you have to leave the settings in usa option to carry on using it.

im on  cyan 8.1   8.10.14157.200 with all english settings and english cortana !

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Microsoft are still working on the UK version, it is supposedly close to being ready but all they have said is it will be "late this year"

SynthFG

Or you can install the dev preview and play with it now

I'm finding it really useful, especially when in the car, 

sigbar.png