main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

£100 Amazon reward voucher not received after joining Vodaphone Broadband

SOLVED
View solved solution
DaveGilchrist
3: Seeker

The moderators in this thread advise you to contact social media - but it's literally still the same people, saying the same thing.

I've even tagged WeGift into the posts with Vodafone and they simply ignore that too.

Screenshot 2021-02-13 123630.jpg

View more options
Jayach
16: Advanced member

@DaveGilchrist

Did you get an email from wegift,io titled "Purchase Completed! You’ll receive your Amazon.co.uk Incentives and Marketing* eGift Card in 120 days" and if so  have you tried the status link in it recently?

View more options
DaveGilchrist

No, mine came from Vodafone saying I’d get my voucher code 28 days after connection, and to ‘sit back, relax and we’ll do it all for you’ 

Obviously they didn’t..

View more options

Attachments

caroscottie
2: Seeker
View more options
caroscottie
2: Seeker

I’m sending all this to the ombudsman 

View more options
DaveGilchrist

2E2A87E6-6C83-445F-B7DA-333B6E211E71.jpeg

Well I’ve now had a response via Twitter, with Vodafone denying any knowledge of this voucher scheme, and saying if it had happened it would have been through awin!

More lies. Time to send it everywhere.

View more options
DaveGilchrist

Thank you for passing security Dave - I've heard back from our voucher team and I'm afraid I don't have good news. They're responded with the below:
"This voucher offer looks like it’s come through someone else I’m afraid – I can’t find evidence of the order being tracked through Awin (our voucher team). Also, our voucher campaigns usually have a qualifying period of 90-120 days, rather than 28.
I would advise the customer to contact WeGift again"

They did suggest that if you took the deal out through uSwitch or Broadband choices, these vouchers would be distributed through GiftCloud.

I'm really sorry about the hassle you've had with this Dave, I appreciate this isn't the response you'd want to hear.
Evie

View more options
GarryWhite

What an amazing coincidence Dave, Ive just had that response!!!

They say no record of my email address.

So you sign up to take advantage of the offer, do everything you need to, then Vodafone say its a 3rd party who gifts the vouchers but theyve never heard of you so you dont get a voucher.

A nice little scam going there methinks

View more options
Jayach

My acknowledgement and voucher definitely came from wegift.io, although they branded the emails as Vodafone.

I went through MSE's broadband checker.

So I don't think it was a scam, but it is easy for such things to go wrong as they rely on internet tracking technologies that many people actively block nowadays

@DaveGilchrist Your pictures haven't been moderated yet. It will be interesting to see what they are. If you add pictures as attachments rather than in-line they are viewable immediately.

View more options
DaveGilchrist

The images were just screenshots of the messages on Twitter, so I copied and pasted the text instead.

Yes it’s definitely a scam, Vodafone wash their hands of it and blame Wegift, then Wegift ignore any emails.

Obviously Wegift are not just sending these vouchers to people out of the goodness of their heart - it’s a promotion, paid for by Vodafone, and then ultimately paid for by the end user. Nothing’s free in this world, we are paying for them over the length of our contract.

Plus I noticed that I’m only getting 8 months of the Apple TV, instead of the 12 months in the deal. Ho hum..

Anyway I’ve given up chasing either, but at least I have a new answer for the ‘on a scale of 1-10 how likely are you to recommend Vodafone to a friend’ text..

View more options
Jayach

@DaveGilchrist wrote:

Plus I noticed that I’m only getting 8 months of the Apple TV, instead of the 12 months in the deal. Ho hum..

I believe Apple have extended Apple+ subscriptions till July.(They have for me, I got an email)

You should be able to confirm your subscription here: https://tv.apple.com/account/subscriptions

View more options
DaveGilchrist

Yes, July is eight months after I took out the subscription. So I’m four months short of the advertised ‘12 months of Apple TV’

I’m expecting them to send me to Apple to sort it out myself..

I can just imagine how it’d go if I told one of our clients to go chase the supplier directly.

View more options
Jayach

To be honest the Apple TV is exactly what you would get if you bought it retail and I bet Currys would be no more help.

I signed up in June, so I got an extra month. I've still not watched anything on Apple+, but I use the box for Prime and various catch-up and free services.

View more options
Jayach

@DaveGilchrist

Could you show us your original acknowledgement email? (removing personal info of course)

Here's mine. As you can see it's from wegift, but branded Vodafone.

I've added it an attachment as well as a picture 

wegift.png

View more options

Attachments

DaveGilchrist

I can't see the attachment on my phone or desktop.

My email was definitely from Vodafone, 'hello at message dot vodafone dot co dot uk' saying that I'll receive another email from wegift, 28 days after connection, with my voucher code. I've attached the whole email.

"In the meantime, sit back, relax and we’ll do the rest for you"....

View more options
DaveGilchrist

Just found how to open the attachment (sorry it's been one of those days..)

I didn't receive anything like that, that's the one I should have got after the 28 days.

So I spoke with chat, who blamed Wegift - then emailed Wegift, who simply blamed Vodafone. As said earlier in this thread - it's just a scam. 

Regards, Dave.

View more options
Jayach

@DaveGilchrist

I can't read the T&C's on your picture, any chance you could enlarge them and post again?

You said you have been on Vodafone for some time. Were you a mobile customer who joined the broadband or did you have broadband already?

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I'd like to know why it worked for some but not others.

In view of the email you would think it easy for Vodafone to check why you didn't get your voucher. but then we are talking about Vodafone.

View more options
DaveGilchrist

Hi, yes I’ve been with Vodafone for several years, this promotion was for existing mobile customers to take on broadband with Vodafone too. £3 a month discount on the package, plus the voucher. I made sure to click the correct link, on the Vodafone website etc. Got the email confirmation, from Vodafone, about the voucher, other emails with the tracking for the router, 4K box, contract, everything . Then nothing more about the voucher. Went through chat, came here (by googling ‘Vodafone voucher scam’ - the more times those words are in this thread, the more people will find it).

The terms and conditions say that you must have come through Vodafone etc, will attach that shortly.

Yes, they could chase this themselves obviously, but the whole point of the scam, fraud, lie is that they’ll blame Wegift, Wegift blame Vodafone, customer gets sick of going in circles and gives up. Customer still pays Vodafone monthly, signed to a contract. Vodafone wins.

So now, every chance I get to put people off from signing up to them, is a small win for me.

View more options
Jayach

I really don't think it's a scam.

Incompetence or failure of processes maybe. The worst thing is they can't give a good reason why people have not got their vouchers and that is unforgivable.

I too try to put people off going to Vodafone, but it's just because the support, if needed. it so appalling.

View more options
GarryWhite

The support is less than apalling, its non existant.

Theyve come on this forum offering to help then disappeared, theyre ignoring me on twitter, they keep promising to get back to me the next day on facebook chat but I get noting so have to chase it up, they promise to call you back when you ring them but they dont, they dont reply to emails.

I dont think I would want a discount on broadband for having a mobile account too as I wouldnt trust them to run that properly either.

I think its a either a scam. or incompetence.

View more options