main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

2.4 GHz connection problems

2: Seeker

My vodafone router will not connect to any devices on the 2.4Ghz setting, though every device connects fine on 5.0Ghz

I see that other users have experienced this issue recently, is there a fix?

Thanks.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @JamiesonCole sorry to hear about the issue with your router. 

Are you still able to find the signal for 2.4Ghz, or are you no longer picking this up?

Also, have you tried resetting the router? You just need to hold in the reset button on the back for 20 seconds to do this. This will put everything back to the default settings, including any changes to the Wi-Fi names or passwords. 

Blair

View more options

I have tried resetting, this did not work. I have now stopped using a guest SSID, this has made the connection more stable.

View more options

We're glad to hear you've got a more stable connection @JamiesonCole. Please continue to keep us updated and get back to us if you have any further issues, we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

View more options

I am now experiencing even worse stability issues with my 2.4Ghz network 5.0Ghz works fine.

I see from other posts,  this is common issue - is there a fix for it, or do I need a new router as mine is nearly 2 years old.

View more options
4: Newbie

try seting the wifi chanell to auto and then reboot the router do this for both 5&2.4ghz

if the router dose not have a auto channel the get a wifi scaning app to see what is the cleares frequency then set the wifi channel it.

you dont want to be on the same chaneel as you nebiours, also microwave, cordless telephone baby monitors ect can cause issues, additional AP and chrismass tree light :-)

View more options

Hey @JamiesonCole, It could simply be congestion. The channels your router uses within the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi band can be quite overcrowded. All routers, regardless of the brand, use the same channels, so interference is really common these days. Not too many people use the 5Ghz band so there is less overcrowding.

There are a few Wi-Fi analyser type apps for Android on the Google Play Store that might help. These can show you all the Wi-Fi signals that are in your location.

Alternatively, it could be an antenna fault. Do you ever see a full signal from the Wi-Fi? If your signal's always poor, especially when you're in the same room, it could indicate the antenna has an issue, and the router would need to be replaced.  If you have your own router, you could always use this if you’d prefer.

Blair

View more options