Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd Party Router

Dan0401
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all 

Currently I live in a rural area and can only get superfast 1, which I get speeds of 20/21down and 6up with a ping around 30 respectively. The internet is not used for anything major but we tend to have massive ping spikes and internet drop outs quite frequently especially when playing Xbox. Now I've looked into the idea of a 3rd party router to help try combat this, and I would be in need of a few suggestions. 

For me I like the TP Link Archer AX50 with the WiFi 6 support. The price is reasonable and if it helps stabilise the network would be brilliant. My missus is not a fan of the antennas sticking out so if you have any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

I've had a little look at the DrayTek Vigor 130 Modem but not sure what would be best to pair it with.

Thanks for the input!

4 REPLIES 4

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

For a 3rd party router you need a "special" username and password.

Ask and ye shall receive, Vodafone will give you this when you ask.

Something like

dsl0123456789 at broadband . vodafone . co . uk

PWDassor12345

Then you register your particular device.

Thanks for the reply Clint, but your answer has little relevance to what I asked. 

I was asking for suggestions for routers to link with the modem I listed.

Regards

Prego.

I never recommend/tell someone what to buy, my values and opinions are unique useless to you, although sometimes I tell the poster to get whichever LINUX has the best support or prettiest desktop.

That's great!