Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3rd party line takeover without my consent

creepyg
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So...

i woke this morning to find my Vodafone FTTP broadband not working. No connection to the Openreach box.

After contacting chat, it seems 'a neighbour' has placed an order using the wrong address and terminated my broadband connection. My online account is also apparently closed.

I've had absolutely no warning or advance notice and been left without a connection. I work from home so it's problematic to say the least.

To add to the oddness, it appears that the 500Mbps package i was on before is no longer available at my address!?! Best speeds are 76Mbps. How can this be?

I've been looking at YouFibre, and they can happily offer upto 1,000Mbps with an install date of this Monday. Tempted to jump ship.

9 REPLIES 9

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out to us @creepyg - I can completely understand how important it is to stay connected, especially when you're working from home and I'm very sorry to hear this has happened. 

So we can double check the services that are available to get you reconnected, please drop my team a message via social media

If you include a link to your post in your message, along with your community username, you won't have to repeat yourself either 👍

Well...

I'm off to YouFibre.

Callbacks promised from both 'Vodafone WiFi Xperts' and CS. Neither happened. Still no apology from Vodafone either (apart from the post above). It's abhorrent that my service should be cut-off without my knowledge or permission and then I'm expected to jump through hoops to sign back up again!?! Nope. 

YouFibre coming tomorrow to install.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@creepyg wrote:

Well...

I'm off to YouFibre.

YouFibre coming tomorrow to install.

Wow that is fast, hope it goes well for you.

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

This unexpected line disconnection thing happened to me when I was with EE - which is how I came to be with Vodafone…

.… EE claimed another service provider had initiated the disconnection (known as 'slamming’ when it happens without the consent of the subscriber) and further claimed they'd written to me to check I'd initiated the supplier change and again to advise the date of disconnection etc.  Ofcom said categorically that no other service provider was involved in any way.  Who to believe eh?  EE with no letters received and an apparently fictitious 'other' supplier or Ofcom with no vested interest in making sh*t up?

EE offered to reconnect me but I definitely couldn't have my phone number back.  Yeah, righto, good bye and hello Vodafone Superfast 2.  I'm now in my third contract period and after a bit of a bumpy start, I really have no complaints with Vodafone.

Notwithstanding the THG3000, the service provided has been consistently good, especially for the per month price  - touch wood & fingers crossed that it continues to be so until such time as Sticksville where I live gets FTTP.  That will no doubt happen when our cart tracks are eventually dug up by Virgin Media in another lifetime. 😁

That's the truly frustrating part. I'd been quite happy with Vodafone up until now. But their response to this has been truly lackadaisical. It really feels like they don't give a [Removed] Great way to lose a happy customer... 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

HappyNomad

@creepyg wrote:

That's the truly frustrating part. I'd been quite happy with Vodafone up until now. But their response to this has been truly lackadaisical. It really feels like they don't give a s***!! Great way to lose a happy customer... 

I suspect that that applies generally to all big comms/tv service providers - Vodafone customer services has a bit of a reputation for not knowing their backsides from their elbows but hey ho,..  loyalty to a supplier only works if it is a two way street.

Good luck with your new service provider.

Cynric

.@creepyg Keep an eye on your payment method (bank, cc, etc) in case VF fancy taking money even though they have "destroyed" your service.

@Cynric Good advice, thanks. I'll be sure to keep a close eye on the account it normally comes from

Jayach

If you were still in contract when this happened, I suspect they will try to hit you with an ETF (Early Termination Fee)