Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Advice please

Mammamia
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Internet access in my house varies vastly. Last week it stopped and an Open reach engineer came out. He fixed line issues, got 68mbs at box but then couldn't get Internet in the house. Router was flashing as it had previously and so he reported an intermittent fault with the router and I request a new router. I did this to be told its not the router it's the WiFi. Another engineer came out next morning fitted the WiFi amplifier and again I had some Internet but again not constant enough to be able to get shopping done without pages freezing. Again I was advised requesting a new router should resolve the issue. Instead of agreeing with the 2 engineers they contracted Vodafone so called "customer services" phones me today still refusing to even try a new router. Instead they announced that for the contract they have been unable to reach the minimum speed they guarantee (22 months into a 24 month contract) and so they will allow me to downgrade to the lower service or leave without penalty. No refund on the overpaid 22 months, no router and no resolution. Just basically told you can pay less from now on for the Internet connection inside the house which you aren't getting. So advice please. New box outside and inside the house. Speeds at box engineers said should be fine for using Internet in the house. So what do you have to do to get understood when the computer says no fault showing at Vodafone end?
5 REPLIES 5

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you seriously saying it has been like this for 22 months?

I would just move to another supplier who can actually offer "customer service" but in the meantime raise a complaint Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone you may be able to get some compensation if there is proof the service has been that bad.

Hi,  the service is intermittent as we live in a village known for drop in service. 

The issue with the router started meant no Internet from 5th October sso until I had no service at all I wasn't aware they had a policy on reaching minimum contracted speeds. I don't game or stream, just do shopping and communication through the Internet.

It is more that I can't get Vodafone to take responsibility for the router/WiFi in the house.  They say no fault showing.  Open reach engineers x2 plus 2 tech savy friend said its the router.  Its got an intermittent fault and then shows red flashing light (almost like when you just plugged it in)

How do I get a new router?

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Mammamia - I know how important it is to stay connected and have a reliable home broadband connection. 

It's unusual that two engineers have both recommended a new router and that information isn't showing on our side too. We'll need to take a look at it further, to see what's happening. Please get in touch with my team over Facebook or Twitter. 

Thanks but happily today after going right the way up to Escalated Complaints and even him being able to stay connected with me today I received a new router to test if that could actually be the problem.  Amazing I've got fast Internet and wifi access around the house again. 

It's just a shame it took so long to get Vodafone to resolve the request in the first place.  

gipjon

I'm glad this got sorted in the end, but it is really bad that the only way to ever get anything sorted is to Escalated a Complaints