Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Amazon Device Issues

juliatranter1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have 2 Amazon devices, a Firebox and a Tablet.  After installing a new THG3000 both those devices have lost connection.  I fixed it and they were fine when I "forgot" my router and extenders on those devices and reconnected and logged them back in.  But this morning they have done it again. Can anyone assist?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

The cause of this is usually a little bit of Stupidity on the part of Vodafone, for not allowing (I believe this is still the case) the VF router to be set to specific channels - and Amazon for their devices only using a subset of the common channels.  The upshot being that VF router sits on a channel that your Amazon devices can't see, and there is little easy means to fix this!

The simple solution - and it is totally bonkers to have to suggest this - might be to connect an extender to the router as an access point (via a cable), and set up that extender on a specific "common" channel that your Amazon devices can see!

I can give more detail if you require!

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

The cause of this is usually a little bit of Stupidity on the part of Vodafone, for not allowing (I believe this is still the case) the VF router to be set to specific channels - and Amazon for their devices only using a subset of the common channels.  The upshot being that VF router sits on a channel that your Amazon devices can't see, and there is little easy means to fix this!

The simple solution - and it is totally bonkers to have to suggest this - might be to connect an extender to the router as an access point (via a cable), and set up that extender on a specific "common" channel that your Amazon devices can see!

I can give more detail if you require!

Wow, considering the amount of Amazon devices out there that is bonkers, as you say.  I think I get your drift but yes, more details would be welcome.

Many thanks for the quick response.

I have just crashed into this issue as I was originally experiencing a range issue with my vodafone router. I have now installed an extender which has solved all the other problems but sadly only clearly unmasked the fact that my Fire tablet simply refuses to connect propertly to vodafone. even when the tablet is sitting right on top of the extender or the router.

The confusing thing is that while the tablet says "connected / no internet" I can browse the web but just cant download content from the kindle library or the app store.

I have a temprorary work around where I can connect my Amazon tablet using my Samsung mobile phole as a hotspot, but this is not totally satisfactory. Does anybody have any suggestions for getting the Amazon tablet to connect properly to the Vodaphone router that doesn't involve tinkering around with the router settings. I have a household of connected devices that could crash if I get that wrong. I don't mind tinkering around with the fire tablet settings. It was a cheap tablet and i have nothing to lose there.    

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you are able to browse the web, but not download from the app store, I wonder if it could be your content controls. The easiest way to prove it would be to change the DNS settings in the router.

Jayach_0-1648659152208.png