cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

Interesting about the wifi, is there somewhere this is discussed / any parameters for heavy use, I'm still using the VF box Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25. I have the much discussed FEC issue & the occassional slow speed which I put down to peak times usage but wonder if this may actually be signs of the wifi issue.

Yes I would also be curious to know what amounts to heavy usage. This is not something I've experienced previously with other routers, whether supplied by an ISP or even a dirt cheap TP-Link router I had hooked up to an old Open Reach modem. It would not be unusual for two of us to be watching Netflix on different TVs while another is downloading something on a computer and this has never caused the wifi to stop working. 

My switch is due to take place tomorrow, so I really don't know whether to try the Vodafone router or see if my Asus will be OK. It was originally set up by my current ISP CloudScape, who I believe are Vodafone resellers, so in theory I should only need to change the login and password under the ppp settings. My sync speeds are excellent. 

screenshot_183.jpg

I have had Vodafone fibre broadband in since 26th September. I haven't had stable connection since we've got it in. On our second router also. We usually have 4-5 devices connected at one time. But when we were with sky,I never experienced any problems having muliple devices connected. Also with having mobile phone & broadband on same account,you'd presume there would be some sort of discount. My overall experience with Vodafone hasn't been that great. 

@MrsMorg16 Have you tried it with a different router to see if that helps? I've also wondered if a £15 wifi booster from Amazon would help in some of these cases. 

We hadnt considered using a different router yet. But reading the comments,were definitely going to invest in one. It's just deciding which one to go for really. I haven't seen any discount on my account at all. 

Think I'd query the discount I certainly get one

Regards buying a router, first I don't see why anyone should have to buy a router for normal use (I can understand there might be a need for special uses) second I can't find anywhere much detail on routers which have been reliable on VF ie minimal dropouts & minimal errors. I did mention in another topic https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/High-FEC-Corrections-and-CRC-errors-on-upstream... why don't we have a list of routers that seem to work better but had no responses. I wait to be convinced either way.

You shouldn't need anything partciularly expensive or complex to do the job, unless you have industrial requirements. Any mid-priced fibre compatible router with a built-in modem from around £50 should be suitable. I hear a lot of recommendations for Draytek and no doubt they are excellent, but they are far from cheap.

At the moment I'm using an Asus DSL-AC56U, which has an odd bug with 5GHz not transmitting after a few hours, even with a full wifi signal, but I suspect this is firmware issue or perhaps a conflict with Bluetooth. I've had cheaper routers with a few less features that have worked perfectly well across various broadband providers. With a bit of luck it will be OK when I switch to Vodafone tomorrow. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, based on high latency at peak times. 

It's okay if you don't play online games or run VOIP

"why don't we have a list of routers that seem to work better but had no responses. I wait to be convinced either way.", an excellent idea!  Vodafone, please respond!

MrsMorg16 surely you're getting the £2.50 per month discount ?