cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Stella77 wrote:

Ah ok.  So I take it from that CS is a different service for broadband.

I would call it a disservice. Nothing but prevarications and trying to blame everything on someone else.

Odd. The only person I know who contacted their mobile service had to threaten to take out a full page ad in the local paper in order to get them to reconnect his phone which they had disconnected by mistake.

My experience is that they were utterly useless and quite happy to lie in order to cover up their mistakes. They were meant to upgrade my router, but found they couldn't so gave me a faulty old one as a replacement. As this was an exchange, my "upgrade" was from a working but poor router to an identical but dead router. They could have just admitted their mistake at the start, but it took a complaint to Ofcom to get them to sort it out.

It also took 45 minutes to get through to someone as despite being a telecoms company they had utterly failed to deal with working from home.

AlexKourti
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am appalled at the level of disservice provided by Vodafone over the last 14 months.

I have lost countless hours of my life on the phone, trying to resolve issues caused by Vodafone's wrongdoings.

Here's a description of my experience trying to order Vodafone home broadband:

I order broadband and on three separate occasions the Openreach engineer does not turn up at my house to fit the internet. Vodafone blamed Openreach and vice versa on each occasion for the incorrect communication that caused the mistake. Either way I lost three seperate days of annual leave as a result.

Several text messages were also sent to my phone saying that an engineer was due to get sent out. Luckily I phoned Vodafone first, before booking another day off work, who informed me that these messages were incorrect.

It took me close to four months till the internet eventually got fitted. Which was frustrating as I know that if I had went with Virgin, it could have been done within 5 working days.

While all this was happening, I made a number of complaints over the phone and had to explain my story countless times to different people. I was passed from person to person, but nothing ever really got resolved and I felt my complaint was never taken seriously.

I spoke with someone in a more senior position, who said to compensate me for my inconveniences he would give me a free dongle device, so I had internet in the interim. He told me it would cost me no money, but I had to sign up to it and he would credit my account so I would never pay.

I found out this week, that Vodafone have been charging me £32 a month for the last 14 months to use this device and that the whole time I have been using that device in my flat for internet and that the £21 broadband I ordered was never fitted when the engineer came out. He simply fitted the slower and more expensive Mifi device instead - which was not what I ordered.

I complained over the phone about this several days again and I was told that someone would phone me back after looking into my case - I received no call.

I received a text message to my phone saying that an engineer would be visiting my flat to fit the broadband, even though I didn't schedule a time with anyone (I am at work a the time that came through on the text).

In short, as a long-standing Vodafone customer, I find the way I have been treated disgraceful. I have been misled, miss sold to and been caused a lot of unnecessary stress.

Very sorry to hear about your issue with Vodafone, please do write to Vodafone Director of Customer Services at his email address and request him to investigate and put it right.  In the past, I have often written directly to very senior managers of companies that have produced the right results.  Good luck!

srpsrp
4: Newbie

I was in the same boat as you ( the OP) I was loathed to leave BT broadband but I felt like the TV was not good value any more and they have stopped fixing things and it's all generally become more trouble than it's worth.. I've had Vodafone broadband for a week now and it's been faultless ( touch wood) the router works OK and is an upgrade to the old HH3 BT left me with in fact since it has 5Ghz dual band and a few other features. I set up my old HH3 as a wired extender in the lounge using the old Gigabit ethernet connection to the BT box, works a treat.

BT had slightly faster connection speed, however it depends on your usage pattern in your household as to whether you will even notice this. In my case I suspect that BT will be releasing a new TV box at some point so hopefully by the time my Vodfone contract is up I can see if they've improved at all and if they are doing special offers I would go back perhaps, although I've kind of gotten used to TV with out having to skip the adverts already 🙂 

As well as the anoying problem with BTTV the WiFi and cloud storage they give out is all a but superfluous now, and again more trouble than it's really worth, better to spend a bit more money on a 4G contract and google/icloud storage IMHO

onejagjohn
1: Seeker

Just Switched from BT to Vodafone. Cannot fault vodafone as they dealt with switch faultlessly and new speeds much superioer to BT and I will save hundreds on punds by switching 

mbames
13: Advanced Member

I switched from Sky to Vodafone, and the service was totally cr@p.  Backhaul issues meant they were selling a seriously overloaded which dropped to a crawl at night.  Since that has been fixeds the service has worked well.  Took a lot of moaning and contact with Vodafone, and eventually I was assigned a proper complaints manager - who was very helpful.

Not sure if I'll stay when my renewal comes, but currently the service is doing ok for me.

Switched from BT to Vodafone one month ago. Very happy as my internet speed is better and the cost is half of what I was paying BT. Also router has better WiFi range than BT. All inclusive calls inclued Mobile numbers whereas BT charge extra. I have a new email address having ditched BT as they wanted to chagre me £7.50 per month to keep it!! BT have been ripping their customers for many years and rely on people being scared to try someone else - I have been with them since moving in 32 years ago and all I can say is that if you are worried about changing, my expericne is that it is simple and get a gmail address for your emails and forget BT!!

amllubnrut
1: Seeker

Changed from BT to Vodafone Superfast 2 broadband, with call bundle on the landline. Running up to switch over was set reminders from Vodafone and router arrived as promised. On the day the switch of broadband was seamless and not had any problems with coverage, reliability or speed. On BT my download was 55Mbps and after three weeks is 49Mbps, so a little slower but doesn't cause any issues for Netflix at 4K, iplayer etc. Phone was switched over as I kept the same number don't have caller ID but not investigated that as yet.  The Vodafone Router is working well, I have a TPLINK VR9000 which I used with BT as a replacement to their hub, only issue was I tried to retain my existing SSID and password, SSID wasn't an issue but the router imposed rules on the password which meant I had to change every device in the house, which is when you realise how many items you !!  Will keep the Vodafone router in place for the time being and the TPLink as backup just in case. Overall, very pleased with the service so far and saving me a significant amount of money from BT's exorbitant charges.

I had the same issue with the wifi password, I had a extremely 'secure' one setup and I wanted to keep the existing SSID.  Alas the stupid web page setup wouldn't let me enter a password without a capital letter so I took the opportunity to set them all to something easy to remember 🤔