Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple TV 4K, how to start it,and other new to Vodafone questions

AutieArtist
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, I got my vodafone router and Apple TV 4K box delivered today,I think the Vodafone broadband turns on On this Monday coming,and I get appleTV free for a year.

i am sorry if a lot of it sounds daft, I have classic autism (non verbal,communicates mostly with Proloquo2go) ,learning disability,epilepsy and other things so struggle to understand lots of points like the words themselves and being very slow at processing info.

i haveNot hooked up the Apple box yet as I want to know a little info about it,but also don’t know how to access. It or when the Apple TV starts?

I have done a lot of googling and searching this forum Before joining it doesn’t make sense to me still.

i am guessing I will need an appleTV password,so I have looked everywhere for a password and can’t find one In the boxes,will this be sent to me on the 24th/when the internet is turned on?

Also,do I have to use the box,or can I use the Apple TV app On my TV,as it’s a smart TV so has most the big apps.

Can I use my iTunes/Apple TV account on my iPad so I can watch the films I have paid for through the tv without casting it? It is only guessing I can find my password,I am useless with my passwords.

Thankyou very much I really am greatful for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless the terms and conditions have changed you can only apply one Free AppleTV offer to your account.  Once you've used a free offer you cannot apply another one at a later date.

Historically Apple provided a verification code in the box, however my understanding is that in order to claim the offer you now have to use the Apple TV device, sign in or create an account using it, and the acceptance for the free offer will then be presented to you!  Once you've claimed the free offer, you can then sign in using the app on your Smart-TV.

In most cases, your iTunes account is actually an Apple ID and you should be able to sign in to your Apple TV and claim the offer using that single account.  It really is just a case of following the instructions and don't over-think things.

I've just received my apple tv box and there are no instructions or guidance with the device as to how to enable it. Up till now I've not used apple devices so no apple account. 

Do I have to contact Vodafone UK for the free id or what? Any help appreciated. 

Jayach
16: Advanced member

@Oldfella76

I was in the same position. The Apple way is so different from anything I have ever used before.

Your free I year Apple TV+ is built into the box so you just need to create an Apply ID with it.

This may help: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/tv/welcome/tvos

I still can't get used to the ****** remote. I have to google how to use it every time.

Hi there, 

Thanks for the information, pity it wasn't in box or the emails from Vodafone but sorted now. 

Bit of a faf if you're not an apple "person" and the remote does take a bit of mastering, found an app on play store that mimics the apple remote so I might give it a try. 

Thanks again, Ben noel 🎅🎅

Jayach

@Oldfella76 wrote:

Hi there, 

Thanks for the information, pity it wasn't in box

Actually it is in the box, on that tiny bit of paper with even tinier writing. It's under user guide on the third page.

They have it as help.apple.com/appletv. That's where I got it from.

Apple are obviously too cheap to include proper instructions or a HDMI lead.