Ask

Solution

Apple TV box

MrBasic
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Guys,

First post so be nice.

We switch over to Voda back end of this week, having read some of the threads i'm a bit errrrm we'll see lol, i assume its all going to be peachy of course, we can hope.

We've received a an applTV box as part of the deal, i'm steadfast against apple, just don't like their products to each their own, was thinking of either A) chucking it in my lads room, although he doesn't watch that much TV so probabky a waste, or B) Gifting it to my brother who is a media absorbing monster, is there any issues with doing this? is the box somehow linked to my account? Also on sign up it says that theres 12 months apple TV included, after reading through seems that a bit of a ball ache to set up unless you own apple devices, you have to download itunes?? is the 12 months actually through voda or Apple? if my lad did use it would i cancel it through my voda account or the apple account, have no intention of him using it outside the 12 mintsh free period, the content looks meh.  Thinking my bro would get more use using it as streaming box for didgital movies he might buy, he has an apple account already and all that jazz.

TiA, i've got everything crossed for a smooth transition and uninterupted service!!

Rich

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The Apple TV is exactly the same as you would buy retail. Not associated to your account at all. The Apple TV+ one year subscription (not the same as Apple TV) is built in to the box and will be enabled when you log in with an Apple ID. It's a very nice bit of hardware, but I have real trouble with the remote, I like buttons, the touch control is hard to get used to.

I also have always steered clear of Apple, not likely to change based on this experience.

@MrBasic wrote:

TiA, i've got everything crossed for a smooth transition and uninterupted service!!

Good luck with that.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MrBasic, welcome to our Community! As @Jayach advised the Apple TV and subscription are not connected to your account, so if you'd like to gift these to your son or brother, there won't be a problem with this. I'm sure everything will swap over fine, but if there is a problem, don't hesitate to get in touch 😊

Cheers man, seems ok so far...hoping it stays that way whilst i've got you, any known issues with connecting google nest minis? connected fine to my BT connection, just says it cant communicate with the network for some reason??

TiA

Jayach

Unfortunately I use Amazon Echos and had no problems with those. Possibly try resetting the Minis to factory default and start again?