Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple device keep disconnecting from wifi

CHLOEYAP
4: Newbie

Does anyone have any problem connecting their Apple devices to the Vodafone broadband? All my Apple devices keep discounting crazily to a point a can’t stay on for more than 2 minutes! I tried connecting using me Samsung tablet and it seems to work fine!? Any idea how to solve this? I am using iPhone6s plus and an iPad and none of them manage to stay on the wifi. I contacted Vodafone customer service they check everything and even changed my router but it make no difference. Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

48 REPLIES 48

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Not sure what to say really That's the answer the vodafone router just don't work right and vodafone cant or wont do anything about it .its total wrong 

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @CHLOEYAP it would be quite strange to have the same issue across two different routers. Have you an Android device handy? If so, you might want to get one of the Wi-Fi analyser apps. You'll be able to see what Wi-Fi signals are nearby and what channels numbers are in use, just in case it’s simply some interference.

Blair

gipjon

hey blair cant you just send him a vodafone router that works 

I have checked all the frequency. This is the first thing I do before changing/trying anything else. My fire tv shows drop regularly (like every 2min) however I think it’s not dropping as much when I use all my Apple devices. I haven’t had a ‘page cannot be found’ since I tried one of the users adivce. I shall keep monitoring the signal and see. By the way, I did had another router send to me but the problem still persist 

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member
15: Advanced member

@CHLOEYAP wrote:

Does anyone have any problem connecting their Apple devices to the Vodafone broadband? All my Apple devices keep discounting crazily to a point a can’t stay on for more than 2 minutes! I tried connecting using me Samsung tablet and it seems to work fine!? Any idea how to solve this? I am using iPhone6s plus and an iPad and none of them manage to stay on the wifi. I contacted Vodafone customer service they check everything and even changed my router but it make no difference. Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

Same thing... iPad / iPhone connections wifi connections dropping frequently and randomly.   These devices are the most noticeable because they are the devices we use most for Internet browsing but it is not limited to Apple devices by any means.  iPads work fine on non Vodafone networks which suggests that the problem belongs wholly to Vodafone.  

On both VF routers supplied, the 5GHz WiFi repeatedly disabled / enabled itself internally whilst the 2.4GHz wifi just dropped device connections but didn't actually disable / enable itself internally.

The new router delivered has exactly the same issues a the first one.  As Vodafone are not capable of fixing the problem (by virtue of their hardware /firmware specification) I now have an older third party router connected to the VF Junk and none of my dozen or so WiFi devices are dropping connections at all.  From that, one can really only conclude that as a wifi router, the Vodafone device fails miserably.

VF Junk with its wifi disabled and dhcp enabled has seven wired devices (via an eight port Linksys switch) connected to one LAN port.  Four of these devices are constantly powered on  and three are only selected on when needed. The wired network works very well.

The second router, connected LAN port to VF Junk LAN port has dhcp disabled and handles my dozen or so 'always on' WiFi devices without issue.

That (along with the numerous others here with the same router complaints) speaks volumes.

gipjon

joannana
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Usually, this problem is divided into two reasons: wireless networks and Apple devices. From the link status of your other devices, the wireless network is no problem. Well, obviously. The Apple device keep disconnecting from wifi is due to your device. Try resetting your network settings, changing the DNS on your device to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) or Open DNS (208.67.222.222 or 208.67.222.220) and more.

I'm having similar issues to the op, on Apple devices mostly, but also Windows laptops - I also get a weird error stating that the password is incorrect when I lose connection  and try to reconnect (it's using the saved password) and it won't connect again until I restart the VF router

Additionally, my mesh router keeps losing internet connection, via the LAN cable into the VF router - I've used Deco M4 faultlessly for the past 12 months, so find it hard to believe it might be a fault with that at the exact same time I change ISP.

VF have sent me a new router today, as I threatend to leave (I'm in my 14 day cooling off period), so I'll test that but having read this thread I'm not hopeful

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @MJC_OK. Has the new router helped with your connection? If not please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker, so we can investigate this further.