Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple device keep disconnecting from wifi

CHLOEYAP
4: Newbie

Does anyone have any problem connecting their Apple devices to the Vodafone broadband? All my Apple devices keep discounting crazily to a point a can’t stay on for more than 2 minutes! I tried connecting using me Samsung tablet and it seems to work fine!? Any idea how to solve this? I am using iPhone6s plus and an iPad and none of them manage to stay on the wifi. I contacted Vodafone customer service they check everything and even changed my router but it make no difference. Any suggestion or help will be appreciated.

48 REPLIES 48

Both last night and this morning I have no connection at all thought the wifi. Since it’s they all technically connected to e LAN. I really think is to do with actual VF. I am changing to a third party modem today and shall let you all know how this go

I’m officially out of idea. Changed to a third party router problem still the same .  Monintor all the neighbors channels as well and we are all different so shouldn’t be interfering. One good thing know I notices is that both 2.4 or 5 are now receiving the same speed, however if that still drop which mean I’m not benefit from it at all. VF engineering once said they checked he line from outside going to my property and it soild. This is crazy that it cannot be resolved no matter what you tried. 

gipjon
16: Advanced member

I had multiple fault and at first I thought I had just one . 1st internet drops . 2nd wifi disabled the re-enable 3rd wifi range  .4th poor internet speed 

HappyNomad
15: Advanced member

@CHLOEYAP wrote:

I’m officially out of idea. Changed to a third party router problem still the same .  

Disappointing... A new modem / router was my next step if I can't get out of my VF contract.    Based on your experience it seems a waste of effort, not to mention money.  I have been using a second router as a WiFi access point (detailed elswhere) until my service crashed yesterday but may have somehow fried both my EE routers as I just can't get an internet connection through on either BB2 or EE Smarthub any more.

Service is now back up and running with good Ookla download speed and a little slower than VF reported upload speed (several tests on a single wired laptop) so I'll start connecting wired and wifi devices back to the VF router while I consider the best way to move on with the poor service occasioned by the VF router. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try setting the 5GHz WiFi to channel 36 - even on the new router - if you haven't just humour me on this!

HappyNomad

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you try setting the 5GHz WiFi to channel 36 - even on the new router - if you haven't just humour me on this!

I have factory reset my VF router this afternoon.

• Split SSIDs
  • Renamed 5GHz SSID 
  • Channel 1 and Channel 36 selected
  • DNS currently set to Cloudfare (1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1) - allegedly the fastest DNS
  • turned Twonkey and Samba off

Nothing in the event log for over an hour now - fingers crossed.  The WiFi signal is weak though.  I am in the next room to the router (about three metres in a straight line through the wall) but 5GHz is only giving 2 out of three bars

Waiting for you to spill the beans on Channel 36... what bandwidth should I be selecting?  I currently have 20MHz for Channel 1 and 20/40/80 for Channel 36.

It’s been another two months and situation not improved. New router doesn’t solve the problem, splitting the frequency not help either, changed micro filter not helped. Called compliant team and they said the speed going to my house is soild with only one drop out every month max?! I told them no my disconnection is every 5 months none stop but they said they can’t see that. They keep saying the problem it’s in my house!? I tried wired connection and it still drop. Change cat7 cable as well so definitely not my cable. They said they can’t help ask me to google internet for help!!!!!!! This is beyond joke

Just to correct I meant my disconnection is every 5 minutes not 5 months!!!

gipjon

do you get a new ip every five minutes 

I think is the same IP address