Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Archer VR900 not working

storeyboy10
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi - has anyone successfully got their Vodafone Fibre working with an Archer VR900? I have set the VLAN to 101 and double checked username and password provided by Vodafone - but it just won’t connect (have even left it connected for an hour, as I know sometimes with the Vodafone router it takes ages to connect). Any clues? Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

machare
13: Advanced Member

People have the VR900s working on Vodafone.

If the router comes with a standard Plusnet configuration try that using the Vodafone connection userid and password.

Setting 802.1p to a value of 2 may help.

Various configuration details in this thread.

Thanks machare. I faced the same issue but got the solution through your answer. :Thumbs_Up:

I have just got an ac1900 vr900 archer modem router. Used plusnet settings but then clicked PPPoE. Username from vf given as dsl........ But I have seen somewhere that it should be adsl at the start. Where is the option to set vlan 101? I have tried many combinations but no luck thus far. I know it must be much easier than I have found this. Maybe the firmware needs updating.

machare

@doktakwa wrote:

I have just got an ac1900 vr900 archer modem router. Used plusnet settings but then clicked PPPoE. Username from vf given as dsl........ But I have seen somewhere that it should be adsl at the start. Where is the option to set vlan 101? I have tried many combinations but no luck thus far. I know it must be much easier than I have found this. Maybe the firmware needs updating.

It would depend on the product you have ordered. If you have one of the so called superfast services (i.e. a cabinet FTTC service) then you have to use VDSL.

It is superfast but fibre does not come to the house, just standard copper phone line. Replaced old BT home hub, connected phone line into Vodafone modem router but flakey speeds and connections at times. If it is of any use, VF hardware model is hhg2500.

machare

@doktakwa wrote:

It is superfast but fibre does not come to the house, just standard copper phone line. Replaced old BT home hub, connected phone line into Vodafone modem router but flakey speeds and connections at times. If it is of any use, VF hardware model is hhg2500.

Then select VDSL, configure router as described above.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly question, but is the domain in the username st to broadband.vodafone? I copied and pasted the username, but they had typed in broabband.vodafone!! Once this was corrected, my router (not the same as yours) established a ppp connection but no throughput. I had to restart the router and all was good.

Mark

Hi thanks both for your help - turns out I was typing in username and pw incorrectly - confused lower case “l” for capital “I” - I didn’t copy paste from the chat window as I had only taken a screenshot of the conversation - they said I would get an option to email the chat to myself once it had finished but didn’t get that. Now problems all solved - very happy - thanks! 

regg
1: Seeker

My ISP changed this morning from Plus-net to Vodafone. I opened the web interface of my Archer vr900 v2, changed the profile to BT_VDSL, put in the username and password I got from Vodafone and was connected in less than 2 minutes. Only change was to the username I got from VF, they said it was dsl"username"@vodafone.co.uk. I changed this to dsl"username"@broadband.vodfone.co.uk. It seems the broadband bit is necessary to connect.