Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Asus router not connecting

GreatBoo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm trying to replace the Vodafone supplied THG3000 with an Asus DSL-AC88U which worked well for me with my previous broadband provider EE. I've been on chat to Vodafone support and been given my DSL username and pwd. I've reset the Asus to factory and used the wizard to set up the new connection but it will not connect, giving the message something like "credientials failed" (I forget the exact wording). I've tried several times, and tried various things. There is no Vodafone option in the Asus so I used a BT profile or 'other' and set vlan 101.
I also have an Asus DSL-AC68U, which I know works but it also fails with a similar credentials related errror message.
I've been back to VF support 3 times and each time been given the exact same username and password.
I'm at a complete loss to know what to try next!

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Try getting your username and password via live chat, as that way you can get in written form in case there is a mistake in reading it.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/bbservcd/

I can't believe any of the settings will be different to EE or BT, so really it can only be the U&P.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vodafone is very good at forgetting to tell people that the username ends with @ broadband.vodafone.co.uk (so it looks like an email address).

At least initially on the WAN page, using the DNS servers 90.255.255.90 and 90.255.255.255 seems to help routers log in quicker.

Good luck with the DSL-AC88U, I had problems with these because they seemed really finicky about connecting to WiFi cards at full speed.

Thanks for the replies. The user login I've been provided is of the form:
dsl001234567 @broadband.vodafone.co.uk   (minus the space - the forum would not let me post it otherwise).
with an 8 digit password consisting of lowercase, uppercase, and number.
Does this look to be of the right form?
The DSL-AC88U has been good for me in the past, it is able to use 5g channels 100+ which are permitted to be transmitted with more power so I'm keen to get it going again. The THG3000 won't even let me select which wifi channel or let me tell it to stop hopping channels.

Jayach

The format of your username and password looks correct. If you are still unable to get it to work perhaps post your setup pages and someone may be able to say if they look right. (not me, I know very little about ASUS routers, but @KeithAlger is very knowledgeable)