Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

At My Wits End with Vodafone Broadband.

Ja7Ja7R
4: Newbie

I firstly joined Vodafone Broadband as a brand new customer on  6th January 2020. After a few months iII swayed by another ISP offer for there Broadband service. This made sense at the time as my TV service with them. I rejoinee Vodafone Broadband as a returning customer on 27th April 2020. I now a Bill for £155 for Early Termination charges for my 1st time around although I was only fine fir about 3 weeks. My service has been suspended a few times,and each time I need to call up. The they restart my Broadband service and promise me they will sort it. But I have made numerous calls and web chats and promises that the termination charge would be taken off. But as I type it is still not sorted out. And now my Home telephone line is restricted although my Broadband is working fine. So to sum up Vodafone where can I go from her as no on seems to be able to sort out his out,as tbh I am not at my witts to end and contemplating leaving as th customer service is diabolical. Please someone help.....

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ja7Ja7R 

The only thing you can do is to discuss this with the Broadband Team contact details are here: Broadband and Home Phone FAQ's 

From what you have written you were outside the 14 day return period when you cancelled to go with the other provider and therefore early termination charges would have been applicable, this is something Vodafone are explicit about here  and would probably also be in your T & C's .

Understandably, you returned to Vodafone April 27th but this would be a new agreement.

It is important to get this cleared up, Vodafone have already restricted your phone and they are extremely quick with late payment markers etc.

Thanks for the reply. Already been advised a few times that the charge was being credited back to me. Was told this before and yesterday,but got cutt off before the advisor could complete it for me and no one called me back to follow it up . Even sales rep who took my order advised me the charge would be credited back. As I have already said in my post I have contacted Vodafone support numerous times and been told they would get it sorted out but never does I shall try again . Thanks for the help though.

After a marathon call lasting 1 half hours. Finally got this resolved. I would like to say a BIG thank you to Advisor Margaret at Vodafone for her help it is appreciated more than I can put into words. But Thank you again for everyone's help on the forum and at Vodafone...

FatRakoon
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Might not be any help for you, but I have been with voda for many years now and I am overly happy with them.

I moved to my new house just over 3 years ago, and I did look about for any better deals, including staying with voda and theyoffered me a few things and so yeah, I went for it.

I have been with Voda since the early stone age with my mobile phones and so why not go with them on my house phone and broadband too, and so I have been withj them on the house and BB for however long? - when it first came to north wales anyway ,and so yeah, 3 years ago I stayed with them.

But, I had a lot of issues getting connected, and so, they allowed me to use my mobile phone as the router and I had unlimited access... Thye tried to bill me and they took the money, and I went nuts... They said they cannot return it as it has gone through and so I went absolutely spare with them. I told them that this is theft and they knew they would not be charging me and they did anyway, if they dont get somethign sorted out, I will be seeking legal advise.
Anyway a few hours later they got back top me with a nice offer but I told them it was not good enough.
Over the next couple of days of back and fro with them, I got what I can only describe as a great deal...
My Mobile phone had, for 24 months unlimited uncapped unmetered data and calls, and my broadband goes from 40 to 80MB as soon as that is available for the price of basic broadband and I get my bills 100% free, including line rental for 6 months, but, I will be tied in to a 24 month contract.

Of course thats all gone now, as its now been over 3 years but I have NEVER had a single issue with my broadband ever since.

Maybe you should give them threats of legal action?

Im lucky in that my mother and brother are both solicitors and my sister is a legal advisor for Land Rover / Jaguar

Thanks for the advice my friend. I'm glad to say it's all sorted out now,but it took over a month and many many phone and web chats being told the same thing over and I've again. I have settled the remaining Bill I'm glad to say and all's well.

My broadband service works fine and the price is so competitive . Also I like the little things with Vodafone,like they allow you to use your own router, and the Broadband App is so handy and convenient so it's not all bad I would say.  But I dread having another issue with my Broadband service as the customer service at times can be painful experience,well for me it was anyway.

Thanks again for the advice and for sharing your good and bad experience with Vodafone. Take care.