main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Awful broadband speed - misleading guarantee

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Well having been with Vodafone broadband for 6 weeks I can honestly say that their speed guarantee is one of the most flagrant pieces of misleading advertising I have ever come across. I'm paying for 75mb and getting between 19 and 25 regularly between 8pm and 12am. The sync speed "get out" is exactly that, it's made to appear as if the speed refers to your download speed but it's actually just the speed between your router and your local exchange; certainly not what the average consumer expects and without doubt is an enticement to purchase which is at worst completely false and at best downright negligent. No support, no help and a shocking speed make Vodafone without doubt the worst isp I have ever come across. I've attached screenshots of the speeds I'm getting using Speed test and you can see its way Short. Connections through LAN are marginally better by roughly 2-3 mbs but that's it. Since I can't speak to anyone to terminate this God awful service I've had to resort to public flogging, maybe that will get your attention, although from looking at the thousands of broadband related speed posts it appears whilst the message is getting through, Vodafone are doing sod all about it. 

2 REPLIES 2
4: Newbie

Order confirmation explicitly states up- and download speeds. Anyway, don't care anymore just sighned up with BT.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi, @Sdshotton, I appreciate that you've had a poor experience with the broadband. We'd really like to look into this for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options