main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband Activation Failure!!!!

Highlighted
1: Seeker

Activation date was 6th December having already waited 10 plus days. Despite well over 2 hours on hold and on the phone to them on the phone on 6th to no avail, and a good 2 and a half hours in the queue on Friday and online chatting on Friday morning it is still not working. Router flashing exactly as it was when I plugged it in on the morning of the activation. Apparently there was an issue with the router - a new one was sent, plugged it in to exactly the same error lights this evening. Spent some time on the phone to an unhelpful tech assistant who assured me after the hard reset (which I had already done MULTIPLE times with the previous router) that it would be working in an hour, and he would ring me back to ensure it was. No call back, and still no broadband. 

This is is NOT good enough Vodafone, your phone queuing system gives you absolutely no info about where you are in the queue/how much longer it may be and I still don’t have broadbands despite all the time I have spent waiting for someone to pick up the phone and sort it out, instead of telling me to do what the last one did!!!

View more options
1 REPLY 1
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @RosieO, I'm really sorry that you've not had the greatest start with your service. We certainly want to get you up and running as fast as possible.

When you reset the router, you hold the reset button for a full 20 seconds. The router then gains some log on information from us, and connects. As long as you hold in the reset button long enough, this should work.

If the router does not connect, then there's a few things we need to check at our end. Our Live Chat team will be happy to help. You can contact our Live Chat team by clicking here

Blair

View more options