Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband App

ASASHAW3
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can I log in to my hub via the Vodafone broadband app away from home on a mobile data connection (my mobile phone is not with Vodafone)?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ASASHAW3! As long as you set this up in your home so we can get this connected, you should then be able to access the app anywhere 🙂

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ASASHAW3! As long as you set this up in your home so we can get this connected, you should then be able to access the app anywhere 🙂

Hello thanks for your answer.  I’ve set it up at home and it works perfect on the same WiFi.  When I leave the house it won’t work on the app (on my phone) am I doing something wrong with regards to any settings?  Once I returned home it works OK on the same network only. 

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

My mistake @ASASHAW3, the Vodafone Broadband app needs to be connected to the network to function as most of the features require a live connection. Apologies for the confusion

No problem thank you for your reply!

Cynric
16: Advanced member

I think the broadband app has to directly connect to the THG3000. I have another device providing Wi-Fi and the app cannot connect to the THG3000 even though I can connect to it from a browser. If only the app would let you provide the IP address manually.

Hello thanks for your message.  Apologies, but I’m not very technical minded, I know most basics but that’s about it.  Do you mean that it is possible to connect and control the hub via the app from a different location on a different network? 

Cynric

You can from a browser but the mobile device app seems to only want to connect to Wi-Fi directly to the THG3000.