main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband Dropping out everyday almost!

SOLVED
View solved solution
2: Seeker

Well basicly im taking it to the forums now as live chat and even a call via phone has been compleatly dissapointing! My router has been dropping out for over 3 weeks almost every day and im getting fed up as when I was with BT the HH5B worked perfectly but vodafone just keep doing line tests saying nothing is wrong which they are correct but they just dont understand I want a new router!

Is there someone on here that can help me get a new router?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It's disappointing to hear you're having problems with these router drop outs @hardstyle2259 and I know how frustrating this must be.

Are you you're using your own router? If so, it could be the router's not configured correctly and we'll need to update the settings from our side.

Of course, we'll be more than happy to investigate further and help to get this resolved for you. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View solution in original position

View more options
24 REPLIES 24

Oh and I forgot to mention iv tryed the test socket, resetting the router, changing the wifi channel and they didnt work

View more options

It's disappointing to hear you're having problems with these router drop outs @hardstyle2259 and I know how frustrating this must be.

Are you you're using your own router? If so, it could be the router's not configured correctly and we'll need to update the settings from our side.

Of course, we'll be more than happy to investigate further and help to get this resolved for you. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View solution in original position

View more options

Ok thank you

View more options

I’ve had the worse every day since connected had new router had Eingineers still completely dire, see my post what’s happening I’m gone to trading standards these people just don’t give a damn

View more options

Iv contacted them and still no reply! Is the router free or should i just save the hassle and get one from ebay?

View more options

Im going the file a complaint and take it higher up

View more options

Still having problems and now my speed has dropped below the promised minium speed!

View more options

Oh no @hardstyle2259, that's not what we like to hear.

Did you send us a private message as previously advised by @TJ? If so, let me know your email reference number so I can chase this up for you - it normally looks like this, [#12345678].

View more options

I did send one off a while back but checked my emails and couldnt see anything so I sent another! Heres the number: #19080546

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Al
Moderator (Retired)

We have recieved your emails from earlier on today and will be in touch soon.

View more options
4: Newbie

You will get no joy from these idiots. Took me over a week to get a service up and running - that was finally done on 17th May. Since then, I've had constant dropouts and speeds of between 7mb and 23mb - I was getting consitent speeds of 76mb with EE. If you're within 30 days cancel. If you're over 30 days, cancel and get your early repayment charges paid by someone else. I've made a total of 3 official complaints - 1 about the poor speed. After the first one they told me someone from tech team would contact me within 72 hours, The other 2 complaints were because I've had no effing contact. STILL waiting since 6th JUNE - I cant't wait any longer for the ombudsman - I've just signed up with BT. http://home.bt.com/-nbsp/switching-to-bt-broadband-has-never-been-easier-11363926763644 Absolute bunch of useless muppets (trying not to swear).

View more options
3: Seeker

If you go on live chat, explain that you have been having problems and ask for your log-in details.

Then get yourself a router and set it up with the supplied details.

I've been with Vodafone just over a week and today is the first day with my new Tp-Link N300 9970v2 and so far its a big improvement.

From what I can see, the Vodafone supplied router is the problem.

More info here: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-Home-Phone/HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDS...

View more options

I have the same problem. I have moved from SKY but it has been disappointing. live chat and telephon calls dont work as all the agents seem to be busy all the time. Can someone help please or perhaps i should move back to sky ?

View more options

Hi @hh28360 I can understand how this would be frustrating. We are a little busier than normal over our Social Media channels but trying to answer all queries as quickly as we can. Please send us your details by following the steps on the private message I've sent you. 

View more options

I have replied to the private message - I can only hope that this get resolved soon.

ALso i am getting speed of only 21.29 Mbps whereas i am paying for 36 ?

View more options

I’ve just got back to say this , I left this pile of no good Vodafone ages ago , went thru the chains of everything and managed to sack these nasty lot, they couldn’t fix anything at the end of the day and got a different broad band supplier , to which they tried the same tricks so ended up sacking them to, I’ve heard sky is about the only people that seems good or even bt 

hope you all gets sorted but dint hold your breath, sack em now boycott these lot they promise and promise all the time and you just waste your time

vodafone should not be showing that rubbish tv advert they the fastest “ eh no”

you get money back if your speeds are slow “eh no”

all rubbish

vodafone should have that song by ub40 for there tv adverts “promises and lies”

perfect song for them

good luck customers as said don’t hold your breath 

goodbye everyone I’ve escaped from Alcatraz (Vodafone)

View more options

Have same problem,internet dropping out everytime I use it. First time reported by live chat,spend over 1 hour - no results,disconnected chat,after reconnecting was same time waste . Second time was talking over the phone,spend over 1 hour,did everything what advisor told me,then he said I will get contacted by technician in 72 hours,who will solve my problem,and told me leave router connected on test socket. 3rd week already- no technician, no help,no problem solve,no constant internet and deconstructed phone socket.

Please,give me some productive response.

Kind regards,

Alex .

View more options

I have had the same problems for over a year still not getting my guaranteed speeds.

router dropping out constantly of which this is the second router I have had, I never had a problem when I had a BT router.

i have 2 open reach engineers out this month alone. But still have the same issues. Engineer said the only way I would get guaranteed speed would be if I was put on 80/20 download /upload

View more options

We're really sorry to hear about the drop outs you've been having @Chrishryb and understand how frustrating this must be.

So we can access your account to take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options