Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Refuses to connect to particular website

welikesheeps
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had Vodafone Broadband for just over a year and had no issues. 

However because of working from home my workplace is using a website called Box.com, when I try to login it takes me to an error page (See attached image). It says it refuses to connect. 

Now, I have tried using my phone data as a hotspot and it connected perfectly, no issues. So based on that it must be to do with my broadband, the confusing thing is I have no content controls on. It's set to let anything through, so I'm not sure why this is the only site I'm not allowed to enter. Please advise as this is important for work and if I can't fix it I will have to change broadband provider

Thank you

Eddie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Try changing your DNS setting in the router to Google's. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

Jayach

Try changing your DNS setting in the router to Google's. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Thanks Jayach, How do I go about doing that?

Eddie

Jayach

To change DNS servers you will need to log in to your router and go to Internet - DNS & DDNS and change the DNS configuration to Manually and enter 1.1.1.1 in the Domain Name Server (DNS) Address. Enter 8.8.8.8 in the secondary. That will use Cloudflare as the primary and Google as the secondary.

It may not seem to cure the problem immediately but try in another browser first and it will probably work there.

For anyone interested the VF DNS is returning 90.255.255.1 for app.box.com and Cloudflare 185.235.236.201

Go figure!

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

C:\>ping box.com

Pinging box.com [185.235.236.201] with 32 bytes of data:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 36ms, Average = 34ms

C:\>ping app.box.com

Pinging app.box.com [90.255.255.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 19ms, Average = 15ms

This server could not prove that it is app.box.com; its security certificate is from contentcontrol.vodafone.co.uk. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to app.box.com (unsafe)

So maybe a new browser and/or new DNS credentials as suggested.