Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband cut off

Dean83
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I'm a Vodafone mobile and was broadband customer. I was thinking about changing internet provider but changed my mind weeks ago and cancelled with the other provider, I told vodafone I will be staying with them, then 2 weeks later they have took my broadband account from me and said sorry its their fault but for me to get it back on I would have to make a new purchase from them like I'm a new customer and now I have to wait till the 12tg August just to have my internet turned back on. I recieved a email saying "we're sorry to see you go" then another saying thank you for joining vodafone. but I havent gone anywhere and told vodafone this weeks ago I'm staying. Why is this? Why do I have to make a new purchase and wait 2 weeks? Soon as it got turned off I went on live chat and they said they cant help. Then the sales person was adamant I had to go through with his nee offer of a sale of the broadband even though I should still have everything set up.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As no account access is available via this forum @Dean83 I'd suggest to "call 08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week." as they are the Vodafone dedicated Broadband Team who can officially clarify.

Broadband-and-Home-Phone-FAQs. 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams are available via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries who also have account access.

I'd suggest to use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Dean83 

Vodafone would not have wanted to lose you as a customer. 

However, if your new company's network ran on the Openreach phone network and used the One Stop Switch, when you made the arrangements with your new provider to switch ISP the new provider would have made the arrangements for the switch and athough you notified Vodafone you did not wish to leave as soon as the request was made by your new provider there wouldn't have been anything Vodafone would have been able to do to stop the switching process.   You should have received a letter from Vodafone and your new provider to inform you of the switch with an estimate for when the switch would take place

It sounds like you were given the best advise possible when you used live chat and spoke to the Broadband Team, the two weeks are needed with the new ISP before Vodafone are able to request a switch.

Fortunately, it won't be too long before you are back using Vodafone Broadband.

I was told by BT and Vodafone that the switch would take place on the 28th July,  I cancelled with BT 2 days after the order on the 14th july. I didn't even receive any equipment or anything from BT because I cancelled early after almost 2 days. A Vodafone advisor called me a few days later asking me why I'm leaving and I told him I'm not. BT confirmed they didn't touch the line and Vodafone still owned it. Seems weird they said sorry it's their fault but still sent me a email yesterday saying "we're sorry to see you go". Vodafone customer service is horrible everytime I have a problem, never gets resolved. Might just cancel and go to BT because i can never get answers or straight forward communication. Live chat advisor didnt know so they put me through to broadband advisor and they didn't know anything and then they said a advisor will ring me. And it was a sales person. That's it . Never mind I'm done on here thanks anyway. 

Leaving is your best option.

Vodafone is a severly dis-jointed company that rates the worst customer service in the UK.

In the 2 years I was with them they were the most useless organisation I have ever dealt with (that is giving them the benefit of the doubt re the truth). The are ranked the worst in the UK for customer service and I now know why.

I am still trying to stop them raising invoices for a service that was transferred, using OFCOM rules, on the 16th March 2020.

As Hatchett says, best to leave, I did a change of address in December 2018 and was still being charged for both addresses in November 2019.  I asked them to stop charging me on the old address in August 2019 and got a sorry to see you go letter at my new address.  Called up, they said would fix it, to be fair they didnt cut off my new address but started charging me for both again.  Called up in November and they said they would fix it all and cut off new address by mistake and then said it would be 4 weeks to get reconnected.  I then left vodafone as was leaving the country and they sent me a new router 5 days before leaving them, I refused to accept it from Courier then they started charging me on an empty house before leaving my credit score blacklisted.