main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband dropping out

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

Hi everybody  I wonder if you can help me

I've had Vodafone broadband from may 2017 and I'm totally sick to death with it now it keeps cutting out rebooting all the time the speed is between 7 and 11 Meg when my guaranteed minimum was 14 Meg.

My daughter can't do any of her A-level homework as the router just keeps rebooting the whole family sick of it. Wish I never changed from Plusnet. I'm just completely wasting my money. We all have to use our mobile data on our phones to do anything. We've split the channels rebooted done everything but it's still the same.

What can I do kind regards Richard

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

@Richd777 there are numerous issues reported with the Vodafone router.  If you are still using it then i would suggest trying to source an alternative. Vodafone will supply the username and password required to allow a new router to work on their network and your internet should be considerably more stable + you should see an increase in speed.

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Hi @Richd777

When running a speed test take note also of the Ping Stat as this can highlight a line issue. I use the Ookla Speedtest option. 

When my internet had issues I tried the following....

• If using an Ethernet cable try another. 
  • If using microfilters swap them out. 
  • If using WiFi connection then change wireless channels. 
  • If using WiFi connection then split the frequencies in the router to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz as some devices prefer connecting to one over the other. 
  • Try a WiFi extender device. 
  • Reset the Router. 
  • Try a 3rd Party Router.
  • The Vodafone Broadband Team can check things at their end. 

I hope this is resolved ASAP for you. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

@Richd777 there are numerous issues reported with the Vodafone router.  If you are still using it then i would suggest trying to source an alternative. Vodafone will supply the username and password required to allow a new router to work on their network and your internet should be considerably more stable + you should see an increase in speed.

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks

View more options
2: Seeker

Hello there, any advise as to who and where I can get the login details so replace the vodafone router

View more options

@paulproberts Our Broadband Live Chat team will be able to supply this information.

View more options
1: Seeker

I also have issues with broadband since switching to Vodafone from BT.  It seems from this and other threads that your advice is to buy a 3rd party router.  It is accepted that the router you provide is not reliable? 

Is there a list of recommended routers as I have no idea what type to purchase.    

View more options
16: Advanced member

Surely if the routers are that bad they are not fit for purpose and should be replaced at VFs expense, not us paying customers? Don't forget the cost of the router eill be factored in to the monthly cost of the BB

Huawei P20 EML-L09,

Android Version - 9.0.0 EMUI Version 9.1.0

Last Update 10.9.19

Build- 9.1.0.328(C432E7R1P11)

Baseband- 21C20B369S009C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

View more options

Hi Mark,

Who bears the cost of monet of 3rd party router purchased due to problems with Vodafone-provided router?

Best Regards,

View more options

@MCCJ, @SimonWilding and @yasinb We feel the router supplied is of a high quality and suits the needs of most of our customers.

Some people prefer to purchase their own router, you're free to do this and our Live chat team will be able to assist you with this.

If you're experiencing problems with your router, please continue to discuss these with our support team by calling us on 08080 034 515 or by using the Live Chat link above.

View more options

I have the same problem. Just moved from SKy and wondering if made a wrong decision as it has been painful to get to talk to support. Been constantly getting the message that all agents are busy. Can someone help please?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @hh28360, I appreciate that it must be frustrating not getting through to our Live Chat team. We've been very busy over the past few days. Have you tried calling us instead? 

We'd like to look into your issues for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Mark yes I tried to call as well and was out in hold for an hour- I was sent a private message two days ago which I replied to - now you have sent me a private message again which I have also replied to ? But no one is doing anything to resolve the issue 

View more options

I recently switched to Vodafone from talk talk and am now getting drop outs every day.

It seems it was a mistake to switch to Vodafone... It really is a shame Virgin media aren't in my area since they are far and beyond the best provider in the country.

View more options

Hey @Kriegar, I'm really sorry to hear about the drop outs you've been having and know how frustrating these must be.

I'll be happy to access your account, to run some diagnostics and help in any way I can. So I can do this securely, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

I have the same issue. So far Vodafone have been appalling at sorting it out. I have

- spoken three times to the technical support teams

- had a new router sent

- had 3 arranged calls not made by Vodafone

- had a month refunded for poor service

- had the normal splitting of the broadband to get service which hasn't worked

- had staff members put the phone down on me and start shouting

- have made two complaints to the company

And I am only 8 weeks into the contract.

It's so bad I cannot wait to go back to BT.

If there is anyone at Vodafone who can help or at least return calls I would appreciate it.

View more options

Hey @J_abc1, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your broadband. 

So one of our team can take a closer look into this for you, please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please provide a link to this thread, along with your username; so you won't have to explain yourself again. 

You can also speak with an adviser via Live Chat

View more options