main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband network status / fault report?

4: Newbie

Hi,

Where can I find the status of the broadband on my area?

Last night the router restarted like about 5-6 times, the only error I found on the log was "Connection to ACS failed" , quite abnormal behavor, I mean is it normal for this router to restart every time there is a network error ? 

I just had a similar restart few min ago.

I checked the VFs network status page, I think its just for mobile mast's not for landline broadband, is there any such page, just I would like to check if there is a network issue on my area (B29) or with the router.

many thanks

chris

View more options
19 REPLIES 19

[update] after a call to CS, I reset the router to default settings and f/ware started to updated.. no issues since then, I can't see that message on the log, seems to me the router as could not update the f/ware restarted again and again....

View more options

@i8086 Please get in touch with our Broadband Live Chat team and ask them to run a test on your line. They'll be able to answer any queries you have. 

Additionally, you can run a test on your line here. This will give you more information about your exchange, including it's name.

View more options

Thanks, I called the tech support again today, as I had some disconnections in morning (router stays on btw during the WAN disconnect,so latest f/ware fixed that issue). I bet is something with the line as the router's connection is now 35Mbs instead of 40Mbs, downstream S/N margin goes from 2 to 7.

View more options

I have a feeling that was big mistake that I choosed you for broadband, tech support bit patheric  since saturday no call from the tech support  and the internet goes down (WAN disconnected) every one f hour.

View more options

@i8086

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your broadband and haven't received your call back from our Technical team.

So we can chase this up for you, please speak with our Broadband Live Chat team. 

View more options

Update...

Today is the second time a BT technician visits my house, after additional issues with my connection (speed dropped to 27Mbps).

Well, the guy replaced the current faceplate NTE5 with a NTE5C MK4

EPIC results!!

Is the frst time after a month that the DSL log shows ZERO errors!

Mind that I have around 15 different ADSL/VDSL filters (inc the pair that came with the HHG2500) none of them solved the speed issues, only the built-in filters that the new faceplate has!

View more options

@i8086

Thanks for giving us an update.

We're glad to hear the issue has now been resolved

View more options

Unfortunately the issue is not resolved.

Today I had the 3rd (THIRD) BT technician on my home,

then after about 5 hours the router started the same issues, low SNR, random disconnections, well  tech support repeats the same and the same questions and I think this will go forever (well until the end of my subscription) ,

what ##~## me off is that the today’s BT technician told me that he thinks it’s an issue with the router –  I mentioned this to the tech support, but your TS insist it’s a line issue (AGAIN???)  - I also have a written statement from him regarding this.

Today I asked your CS about the complaints dept, you don’t have one as the CS told me today, so on Friday I m escalated my issue to the Communications Ombudsman, I am sorry that I won’t play your ping pong game all of the time between the BT engineers and your tech support, really terrible experience (from you I mean, the Openreach guys are stellar, your tech support just follow a prewritten script – blindly I could say)

View more options
Highlighted

@i8086 – I’m sorry to hear this isn’t resolved.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

View more options

Escallation to Ofcom will be postponed , as a replacement router is on the way.

I will keep monitor my connection, in any case.

View more options
14: Advanced member

And it's 2019 and loads of customers still have this same issue

View more options
10: Established

@gipjon wrote:

And it's 2019 and loads of customers still have this same issue

Looking at some of these older threads you have to wonder if the staff turnover in the social media team is high, whether some of the names have moved on internally or moved elswhere? 

How many of The team from a year ago are still helping us now?  How many of these Communtity Champions are still championing the community?  

View more options

Hi @HappyNomad I'm not sure why this would matter. A lot of the team from a year ago are still here, but as businesses are, people like to progress in their careers and do move on to other departments/positions. All people that work the community are committed to helping the members and delivering the best service we can.

View more options

Adam are you guys directly employed by vodafone or do you just offer free support on here? 

I'm just wondering if that's what the problem is that no information is being passed back to the techical support teams about this ongoing problem with the broadband service - You have to admit there's a lot of customers on here with the identical same problem, I would love to get some background information rather than ' I'm sorry your experiencing this issue copy and pasted from a script ' 

View more options
14: Advanced member

I agree we all would love to know 

View more options

@mrmarkyuk We’re employed by Vodafone and it's our Social Media team that deal with the community forum. The Community Champions are kind enough to help on the threads as they're very knowledgeable on many of the issues that customers face. Vodafone doesn’t employ them, they do this voluntarily. I hope this makes sense. 

View more options
6: Helper

@Adam

The golden question is, Do YOU or ANY staff members that ARE employed by VF pass any of this info you're given onto your so-called useless teach team?

Or, do you just copy and paste and hopefor the best?

View more options

T@Adam wrote:

Hi @HappyNomad I'm not sure why this would matter. A lot of the team from a year ago are still here, but as businesses are, people like to progress in their careers and do move on to other departments/positions. All people that work the community are committed to helping the members and delivering the best service we can.

It doesn't matter... I am not sure which bit of my post you think says it does.  Come to that, where did I suggest that 'All people that work the community are not committed to helping the members and delivering the best service we can'?

It was merely a curiosity comment having noted that a number of community team members / champions from a while back no longer seem to appear.

I am not sure why you feel the need to be defensive over a completely benign comment.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @RIPTwitch, we certainly do pass feedback on, I can assure you.

We just can't access accounts over the Community, so this is why we're a bit limited to what we can do to help.

We've other, more suitable ways to get help for a Technical issue relating to an individual service. 

Blair

View more options