main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband price increase...but free to leave ?

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Have had an email to say Vodafone are increasing the monthly cost by £2.50. It then gives an option to start new contract at cheaper price.. 

BUT then says at bottom of email-if you want to leave without penalty you can within 30 days... !?

Has anyone else had this email and left/leaving penalty free ? 

My contract finishes next july... but this could be a route out if legitimate..?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if i choose not to swallow their price rise can i end the whole contract even if it includes a phone line/call package bundled with the BB?

View solution in original position

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ianl49 

The email will be from Vodafone and legitimate.

Due to the price increase, you will have the option of renewing the contract at the same price or leaving the contract without any exit fee within 30 days of receiving the personal price change notification.

View more options
10: Established

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @Ianl49 

The email will be from Vodafone and legitimate.

Due to the price increase, you will have the option of renewing the contract at the same price or leaving the contract without any exit fee within 30 days of receiving the personal price change notification.

New customers are getting Superfast 2 for £23.00 per month.  Mine was £28 per month and then came the letter putting it up to £30.50.  A quick phone call later and I am now on £23 per month for 18 months plus I got a shiny new Mk2 router delivered within a couple days.

Given the £23 price for new customers, I'd have gone elsewhere if the best I'd got was to renew at the existing price of £28.

View more options

To be honest I'm not fully looking at the price...its the service....I dont mind paying a bit more to get a stable service and customer service that is decent....slot of people have been trying to get out midway through their contracts and this appears to be a good option... we all remember when things go wrong they go wrong in a big way and CS is then non existent....

View more options
10: Established

@Ianl49 wrote:

To be honest I'm not fully looking at the price...its the service....I dont mind paying a bit more to get a stable service and customer service that is decent....slot of people have been trying to get out midway through their contracts and this appears to be a good option... we all remember when things go wrong they go wrong in a big way and CS is then non existent....

Understand that... I was out of contract when I got the price increase notice so leaving would have been easy if the incentive to stay (for me) hadn't been there.

It is fair to say that when I first went to VF the whole thing was appalling.  I was released from the contract as a result of that but then it all just seemed to settle down and the need to switch diminished and disappeared.

Now, the service I am getting is as good as any other provider I have been with.  Virgin was the fastest but certainly had more down time (I now live in an area not served by Virgin cables) and the 60+ Mbps FTTC appears to much of a muchness regardless of supplier.  The only distinguishing feature perhaps is the race to the bottom quality of the router provided.

View more options

Ive just received this email and believe me, i will be terminating my contract as the service is not as good as i had expected. My ADSL service was better, I have no intention of paying more for this poor serivce.

View more options

I don't think you will be alone. Mines been up and down since joining in Jan....so to wait till July....not sure.. last CS I spoke to in directors office fully understood me.  But couldn't see the low speed or dropouts on his log when I could on my speed test results.

Will see what's about before I decide.. most of my issues were solved with 3rd party router though..

View more options
3: Seeker

Good luck trying to get through. I've been trying since Tuesday. Even called during World Cup final and got up this morning (Sunday) at 8 to call them. Same old 'we're really busy' message.,.. 

View more options

Right ok thanks.... could be long winded thing then...

View more options
16: Advanced member

Still not received the email here, but we are in a more complex position. Our developer paid for FTTP/FTTH provision (conduit but no cable is laid already), but only the lucky few on here have so far managed to even get FTTC.  The majority on the site is stuck with 2Mbps ADSL2, and everyone is connected to a cabinet that has issues.

So I'm probably waiting on local news as to whether we are actually going to get FTTP.

View more options
3: Seeker

Just got through. They advised me to ask new provider to do a 'working line transfer' which cancels Vodafone contract.

View more options

Ok thanks.  Who did you decide to go with ?

View more options

if i choose not to swallow their price rise can i end the whole contract even if it includes a phone line/call package bundled with the BB?

View solution in original position

View more options

That's how I see it !

View more options