main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Broadband speeds unacceptably slow in the evenings

2: Seeker

I won’t stop until it gets fixed or we can leave free of charge. So I will let you all know the outcome. I’ve had zero reply from filling it that form. So that was a waste of time. Also was promised a call back today from tech 2. No call as of yet. Might have to send an invoice to Vodafone for my time. As I keep having to chase them. Useless

View more options
13: Advanced Member

I'm not sure that level2 techs know how to operate a phone, so a call back might be unlikely!  Front line can do call backs and act as a gateway to tech2, which is poor and inefficient.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

HaHa... it’s a joke! I got the attached when trying to go to page 2 of this thread and then again when trying to post my reply, so this one is less comprehensive as have lost the will to restyle my experience in full again!!!

I had no problems previously with Vodafone fibre, aside from WiFi dropouts, but now the speed performance is ridiculous and I’ve posted in another thread some specifics and I don’t have the energy to repost here as I’m conscious I might lose connection again!

needless to say, I agree something has gone very wrong recently and I’m very glad I found this forum as I thought it was just me!

2615E950-8974-49A0-951C-8B2A583F1B5A.png

View more options

Same here. Was with BT for years without any issue on speed, ever. Since the move to Vodafone we have had consistently bad performance on a line that is supposed to run at 76MPS. 

I thought it might be a problem with the router being substandard, but I now see the problem is widespread. Cannot bear the thought of spending hours again with their polite but useless customer service. Will seek to leave asap

View more options

How to get out? That seems like a mission impossible 

id rather I had the service level I did before tbh as much less hassle... just seems something has “changed” recently ... can’t be that everyone all over the country is suddenly having network congestion.... something has changed or broken

View more options

VF are massively overselling in areas where they have kit.  "Pile it high, sell it cheap" and they hope people won't notice.  Plus they offer the "min speed" guarantee, which is pointless, as the issues isn't with sync speed, but throughput/backhaul capacity.

If you look in thief in a dictionary is says "see Vodafone UK"

View more options

see, most of us don’t understand the tech behind what we want to do, so can’t argue competently.. watchdog??

View more options
View more options

Hi,

I've been with Vodafone for 12 months and had no problems testing 37mb all the time. But the past week I've had trouble streaming.

Looked again at speed and its down to 9mb. Spoke on live chat and they was saying it could be the channel blah blah blah. I said if I'm getting full speed day time and slow at night time, it rules out channels. But I did change anyway and still the same. They are 100% slowing connections. Stupid really, as I'll be leaving soon as contract is over.

View more options

When I tell support it is fine during the day and rubbish at night they just lie to me and tell me I am mistaken.

Weird how the first thing they like to do is blame the wifi on their own shonky router....

View more options

Router isn't a problem for me as I use a wired WiFi extender which gives better signal, but when I said I'll speed test using a wired connection and it still falls low.. What then? They said to come back to us. So they can feed me some more b.s

View more options

Also unable to stream, even in SD the past few evenings. Using wired connection, have rebooted router, no change. Cannot face the onerous task of contacting support, especially as this is not an isolated problem, so their suggestions will be fruitless. Just been checking my contract end date. Adios Vodafone, never again.

View more options

I have 4 months left. After that I'll be moving.

View more options

If I can add my bit here, every night for at least a week we have the same problem as everyone here. Syncs at 40mb/s but Speedtest shows varying download speeds, tonight it's 16mbs which sounds like it should be enough but Web pages are slow to load sometimes timing out. Over the weekend my wife was on catch up TV but had to give as it became unwatchable.

Over subscription, throttling who knows but it was fine before, generally fine in the past with the odd hiccup but at present it's far from satisfactory. 

View more options

Just to updat everyone. My internet is now unusable. Can’t even open up this forum. Have to turn my 4G on. Something is a miss with Vodafone’s broadband that is for sure. I’ve been able to leave free of charge. Finally! I’ve opted to go to BT broadband. It maybe an extra £9.99 a month over Vodafone but it’s almost double the speed at 55mb, a better router and they are sending me a free £100 MasterCard and a free amazon Echo. So actually works out less than vodafone and hopefully will work. I go live in 2 weeks. So will takes a screenshot of the internet before I switch Vodafone out and just after with the BT one and see if it vodafone throttling. 

View more options

How did you manage to leave without penalty. 

View more options

A LOT of phone calls. A LOT of trying to rectify the issues with changing settings , engineers, new router. So I said I want to make a formal complaint. Then after the complaint I had a call who said I have read your notes and can see we have tried everything and it still isn’t rectified, so they said I can leave free of charge. To be fair I did report the fault within my 30 days. However it’s taken over 5 weeks of trying to fix it. First fault reported October 12th and they have only just said today I can leave free of charge. 

View more options

Of course its throttling. Test before VPN is 13mb after VPN turned on 35mb. Its a pure scam 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey everybody, I appreciate that you're all having issues with the broadband speeds. This isn't the experience we'd expect any of our customers to have. If you haven't already done so I'd suggest contacting us via Live Chat here. 

They'll be able to run diagnostics with you and if necessary they'll send it over to our Tech 2 team.

View more options

I already did that, 

They said everything is normal and I'm getting full speed. Except I'm actually not, hence why I'm here moaning.

View more options