Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can I sell the included Apple TV box?

jcwacky
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just signed up with Vodafone Pro Xtra, but I don't need the included Apple TV 4K box, as I already have one.

It is still sealed, can I sell it as a normal Apple TV? Or is it in some way linked to Vodafone?

17 REPLIES 17

Jayach
16: Advanced member

It does indeed seem to suggest that. Perhaps as Pro includes a data sim you are entitled to that offer. Only Vodafone can answer for sure, and they are unlikely to do that here.

I asked them via chat, the assistant said something should popup when I first use the Apple TV and ask me which subscription I want from the 3. This is why I first started this post. But this now sounds like it was incorrect. He also pointed me to the redeem offers site, but you need to enter a Vodafone number for that and the one from the data SIM said no offers were available. So sounds like he didn’t know what he was talking about.

I think I’m going to conclude that those icons shouldn’t be there, and it’s a mistake/glitch. Therefore the included Apple TV+ subscription prob comes straight from Apple with nothing to do with Vodafone, so nothing Vodafone related will popup when me (or a buyer) activates the Apple TV.

Thanks for your help all.

gipjon

you could do with the broadband representative to answer that question.  

line rental £68

broadband support standard

If i was paying £68 i would expect a higher level of broadband support not standed 

Jayach

@jcwacky wrote:

I asked them via chat, the assistant said something should popup when I first use the Apple TV and ask me which subscription I want from the 3. But this now sounds like it was incorrect. He also pointed me to the redeem offers site, but you need to enter a Vodafone number for that and the one from the data SIM said no offers were available. So sounds like he didn’t know what he was talking about.

Unfortunately I get that impression whenever I talk to Vodafone.

Jayach

I checked my equivalent page to yours, and I have the Apple TV included, but there is no sign of those icons.

The bottom of my bill does say 

offers.jpg

So as they show on your account I think you should be entitled to them. (but I'm sure it won't be via the Apple TV)

If you can't get any sense out of the help desk raise a complaint. Vodafone complaints

@Jayach wrote:

I checked my equivalent page to yours, and I have the Apple TV included, but there is no sign of those icons.

The bottom of my bill does say 

offers.jpg

So as they show on your account I think you should be entitled to them. (but I'm sure it won't be via the Apple TV)

If you can't get any sense out of the help desk raise a complaint. Vodafone complaints

Ah! Thanks. I just tried the chat again, this time I was (eventually) told:

I would like to request you to please wait for next 72hrs and you'll receive the email confirmation for your YouTube premium service and if in case you'll not get any you can connect with us and we will help you to get this.

Please be assured James, you'll get the link to activate your entertainment plan for sure in next 72hrs and you can also keep this chat id XXXX for the assurance.

So we'll wait and see!

Jayach

If all the Pro Xtra plans include a choice of premium addon it makes the prices more reasonable, but I've not seen anywhere it says they do. In fact as the Xtra plans include calls, which are normally £8.00 on their own, it is a good deal.

Jayach

In the legal terms for Pro Xtra is says "Ownership of the Apple 4K TV equipment is yours 14 days after activation of your Xtra Home Broadband service." so no problems selling it.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/pro scroll to bottom of page.