main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Cancel Contract due to Midcontract price increase

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Trying to cancel my home broadband contract due to midcontract price increase, received email saying I could do without penalty within 30 days, spent best part of yesterday on phone on hold numerous occasions trying to speak to someone, nobody answered.

Customer Service appalling.

can somebody advise on how I go about cancelling if nobody answers, people got busy lives than trying to get through to vodafone all day, is there postal or email address for which you can cancel.

never known it so hard to cancel a contract

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
10: Established

@tialynn wrote:

Yes tried chat to via there app waited a while low and behold someone answered and guess what " can't help with problem call customer services " so try again  

tomorrow, what a waste of time vodafone.

@tialynn

I called VF on 08080 034 515 as per the 'live chat' advice received.  Needless to say, calls queued up so I chose the call back option and got called back around five minutes later.  Brief details and issue outline and then transferred directly to 'Upgrades' where a successful resolution was reached in seconds.

All told, I doubt I was actually on the phone for not much more than five minutes total so perhaps there's a route for you to take... call the number above follow the press 1 / press 2 etc instructions and then select call back.  You can even schedule the call back to suit although I didn't try that option. (I just selected call me back as soon as...).

Good luck.

View solution in original position

View more options
6 REPLIES 6

Still trying to cancel, Face Book now no response will somebody maybe a moderator give link or private message or somebody help me to cancel account sent complaints email no reply, tried after 7pm last all lines busy message yeh right.

View more options

Have you tried 'Chat To Us' via the VF App?  Might get you a result.

I too think it is time to change supplier.  They are putting my Superfast 2 up to £30.50 per month... a 9% increase against a September 2019 UK inflation rate of 1.7%.

Worse still is today, checking Vodafone Deals, their website is offering Superfast 2 for £23.00 per month or £21.00 per month if your are a pay monthly mobile phone customer  (Same price as Superfast 1 offer) 

Current Superfast 2 Offer

I am not a mobile phone customer so £23.00...  Even with a December increase of £2.50 / month that is way short what they expect me to pay.   Really not good enough so time to see what the competition is offering.  

View more options

Yes tried chat to via there app waited a while low and behold someone answered and guess what " can't help with problem call customer services " so try again  

View more options

It was probably worth a try, if only to find out it wasn't worth trying 

Long shot:  what about your nearest Vodafone shop?  Not sure if that may be an option.

I too have been redirected to the 'upgrade team' on 08080 034 515 by a very polite (and I'm sure as helpful as he could be within the scope of his role) person on chat.

I probably won't bother pursuing it further as there are some decent offers to be had elsewhere and at the end of the day, the same cabinet, managed and maintained by the same OpenReach, is going to feed the same copper wires into my house with nominally the same speeds I get now.

View more options

@tialynn wrote:

@tialynn

I called VF on 08080 034 515 as per the 'live chat' advice received.  Needless to say, calls queued up so I chose the call back option and got called back around five minutes later.  Brief details and issue outline and then transferred directly to 'Upgrades' where a successful resolution was reached in seconds.

All told, I doubt I was actually on the phone for not much more than five minutes total so perhaps there's a route for you to take... call the number above follow the press 1 / press 2 etc instructions and then select call back.  You can even schedule the call back to suit although I didn't try that option. (I just selected call me back as soon as...).

Good luck.

View solution in original position

View more options

Got through on number you suggested answered almost immediately transferred to cancellation dept done and dusted within 5 mins, main reason I cancelled was poor peak time speeds and single stream speeds which a lot of video depends on, so this was excuse to get out penelty free so thank you my friend.

View more options