Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot access box.com - too many redirects

trabecula
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I recently moved to Vodafone broadband. When I try to access my work file sharing on box.com, the content control function kicks in and then gets into a redirect loop: 

https://app.box.com/login/www.vodafone.co.uk/contentcontrolpage/www.vodafone.co.uk/contentcontrolpag...

It then stops and shows a "too many redirects" error. 

I contacted box.com, and they gave me a list of pages I need to whitelist to prevent this - but I cannot find how to do this; all I can find is how to turn off content control completely (which I do not want to do). 

How can I resolve this? 

4 REPLIES 4

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @trabecula, we might need to switch your content control off for you. Please drop our social media team and a message here.

Has there been any update from Vodafone technical support on this?

I have just had the same issue this evening and found posts going back to 2016!! 

The solution was to change the DNS settings in the Router to Google (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4)

The I was able to get to a box link that had been shared to me.

The Online Chat suggested that I reboot my Router and then reset it back to factory settings which I was reluctant to do as I had customised ssid, passwords etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you successfully managed to turn off content control via your account page (ie not on the router) then ideally that should be it.  Personally, VFs DNS servers still seem a bit iffy so I'd probably change to using either Google or Cloudflare DNS.  Changing s setting and then rebooting, even cold rebooting (power off, and wait before powering on) is one thing, but you shouldn't really need to reset the router.

As for the specific site mentioned, it would appear to have issues of its own which are outside of VFs control.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

https://account.box.com/login

OR

Already a customer?    Contact +44 808 189 0504

If you're looking for technical support and/or billing help, take a look at the FAQ or contact Box Support.

AND the link you posted is "broken".