Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot find parental control setting in my account

bendingo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a landline based home broadband contract with vodafone (fibre broadband).  I have just spent the last 15 minutes in my account trying to find out where I can adjust parantal contrls but I can't find any setting anywhere.

Can somebody please point out how I can change probably the most important setting there is when you have kids from within my account/dashboard?

Also do I have to be connected through my actual vodafone router to enact changes or can I change settings from anywhere?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay so after you've signed into "My Vodafone", make sure you select the "Broadband" account.  The in the left-hand column select "Settings", and then third option from the top (two ABOVE account settings) choose services and extras and you'll find what you are looking for under "Content control".

Then, when you've used that for a couple of weeks and realised how blunt a tool it is, you'll probably want to change your DNS servers to someone that has content control features that work!

Would you be able to point out any decent DNS servers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most popular are Google 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 and Clouflare 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1 there is nothing to stop you using one of each.

There are also plenty of DNS servers that offer differing levels of parental control, with basic servers coming preconfigured or more flexible systems where you pay a fee but they are customisable

https://geekflare.com/dns-content-filtering-software/  *Always use caution when following any external link*