main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Other broadband queries

Cannot open many websites due to : (VODAFONE PROBLEM PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION) ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

eslade1
2: Seeker

I cannot enter many websites. First is gives a warning about the "WBSITE NOT BEING SECURE DUE TO ITS CERTIFICATE then when I proceed I get a "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" Error.

I have tried it on EVERY OTHER BROWSER from CHROME to IE to Firefox etc and on other devices. I have tried uninstalling everything. 

NOW I have tried using 3G on another network and used it as a personal hotspot; THE WEBSITES WORK. 

They only do not work when I am on VODAFONE WIFI. I have tried going into the settings and cannot see anything. 

Please help solve this problem.

View more options
8 REPLIES 8
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @eslade1

This may be due to your content control settings, there is further information on content control below.

Setting up content controls

If there are continued problems, please contact the Broadband Team direct by following the link below.  There is also a link to content control support on the link.

Broadband FAQ's

View more options
eslade1
2: Seeker
View more options
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @eslade1

I had a similar instance on my Samsung Galaxy s8. 

When a person downloads another Internet browser on their phone its basically just a skin over the built in browser. 

So if an issue exists then it can remain even when using an alternative browser. 

What I found that resolved my similar instance was to...Go into Settings and apps, storage and clear the cache and data of all your internet browser apps. 

Delete the internet site from the browsing history and or any bookmark. 

Then close the apps down. 

Then soft reboot by turning the device Off and On. 

Then try re launching the site. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 3.1  / Android 11.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

@eslade1 I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you're having accessing some websites.

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies as advised by @BandOfBrothers? Please contact our Broadband Live Chat team to take a look into this for you and get back to us with any updates. 

View more options
Soofla
10: Established

This has been an issue forever with Vodafone broadband. I don't know what they are doing or why they are doing it. What I can say is that no other ISP seems to have this problem.

I don't know how technically minded you are, but there is a 100% permanant fix for this. However please note that by doing this any parental control will probably NOT work.

Go into the advanced settings on your router and change the DNS/Nameservers away from Vodafone's own and use Googles:

Save settings and you should notice all of your browsing issues disappear.

View more options
jaybee2786
1: Seeker

try  to check  my  bill on firefox browser and i get  this 

bad request , the request could not be understood by server due to malformed syntax

View more options
Tash

We'd like to help with the error message you're seeing when trying to view your My Vodafone account @jaybee2786. When clearing your cache and cookies and using an alternative device, does the same message appear?

View more options
jaybee2786
1: Seeker

sorted thank you was firefox security

View more options